Elizabeth celebrates 100th birthday
Elizabeth Warwick celebrated her 100th birthday and puts down her long life to drinking lots of water.
Mrs Warwick , of Elmslie Lodge, Village Way, Barkingside, was delighted to receive her letters of congratulations from the Queen and Chingford and Woodford MP Iain Duncan Smith.
Daughter Marlene Britton said: “My mother is still incredibly independent, she has lived in the home for seven years, it’s been like a new lease of life for her.”
“When I asked her what she thought contributed to her living to 100, she said it was drinking lots of water.”
Mrs Warwick has three children, a son, who died in 1985, and daughters, Marlene and Sylvia Steel, who helped with the celebrations last week.
You may also want to watch:
She moved to the borough in 1972, where she lived in Gants Hill, before relocating to Barkingside.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 7 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 8 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Jailed: Newbury Park man for 'ludicrous' bid to defraud employer of £670k