Elizabeth celebrates 100th birthday
Elizabeth Warwick celebrated her 100th birthday and puts down her long life to drinking lots of water.
Mrs Warwick , of Elmslie Lodge, Village Way, Barkingside, was delighted to receive her letters of congratulations from the Queen and Chingford and Woodford MP Iain Duncan Smith.
Daughter Marlene Britton said: “My mother is still incredibly independent, she has lived in the home for seven years, it’s been like a new lease of life for her.”
“When I asked her what she thought contributed to her living to 100, she said it was drinking lots of water.”
Mrs Warwick has three children, a son, who died in 1985, and daughters, Marlene and Sylvia Steel, who helped with the celebrations last week.
You may also want to watch:
She moved to the borough in 1972, where she lived in Gants Hill, before relocating to Barkingside.
- 1 Upcycle and recycle market coming to former Goodmayes Homebase site
- 2 Cash and jewellery taken in Ilford shop robbery
- 3 Girl, 16, allegedly raped in Ilford park
- 4 Car fire on A406 in South Woodford causing 'serious' delays
- 5 Seven charged after police crackdown on alleged county lines
- 6 MP Sam Tarry: 'Much more needs to be done to support local businesses'
- 7 Lloyds Bank announces Gants Hill branch closure
- 8 NHS pilot to end blood test services at two Redbridge sites
- 9 Travelling in and out of Redbridge? Your guide to road and rail works
- 10 Council leader hails 'affordable' housing development in Wanstead