Elizabeth celebrates 100th birthday
Elizabeth Warwick celebrated her 100th birthday and puts down her long life to drinking lots of water.
Mrs Warwick , of Elmslie Lodge, Village Way, Barkingside, was delighted to receive her letters of congratulations from the Queen and Chingford and Woodford MP Iain Duncan Smith.
Daughter Marlene Britton said: “My mother is still incredibly independent, she has lived in the home for seven years, it’s been like a new lease of life for her.”
“When I asked her what she thought contributed to her living to 100, she said it was drinking lots of water.”
Mrs Warwick has three children, a son, who died in 1985, and daughters, Marlene and Sylvia Steel, who helped with the celebrations last week.
You may also want to watch:
She moved to the borough in 1972, where she lived in Gants Hill, before relocating to Barkingside.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Tributes paid to Ilford jazz legend Keith Nichols, who died from Covid
- 8 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 9 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 10 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?