Elderly woman rescued from cooker fire in Barkingside
An elderly woman was rescued from a fire at her home in Barkingside in the early hours of yesterday morning.
The woman, thought to be 86, had left a hob on and fallen asleep at home in Walnut Close.
Police officers smelled smoke and raised the alarm with Ilford fire station.
Officers arrived around 12.30am and had to break down the door to get the woman out.
Crew manager Dave Weighhill, from Ilford fire station, said: “She was under the influence of alcohol and had taken in a bit of smoke.
You may also want to watch:
“The ambulance service checked her but she was fine.”
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath