Elderly woman in ‘critical’ condition after being hit by car in Hainault
An elderly woman is in a critical condition in hospital after being hit by a car in Hainault on Monday.
The 84-year-old pedestrian was airlifted to hospital after being hit by a black Peugot 107 in Fencepiece Road around 1.30pm.
Three ambulance crews, a single responder, duty officer and air ambulance attended the incident.
The lady was treated for a serious head injury at the Major Trauma Unit of the Royal London Hospital.
A police spokesman said she is in a critical but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge police have launched an investigation into the incident.
Email PS Nick Sutton at Redbridgepoliceemail@example.com with information.
- 1 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 4 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 8 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation