Elderly woman in ‘critical’ condition after being hit by car in Hainault
An elderly woman is in a critical condition in hospital after being hit by a car in Hainault on Monday.
The 84-year-old pedestrian was airlifted to hospital after being hit by a black Peugot 107 in Fencepiece Road around 1.30pm.
Three ambulance crews, a single responder, duty officer and air ambulance attended the incident.
The lady was treated for a serious head injury at the Major Trauma Unit of the Royal London Hospital.
A police spokesman said she is in a critical but stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Redbridge police have launched an investigation into the incident.
Email PS Nick Sutton at Redbridgepolicefirstname.lastname@example.org with information.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Litter in Redbridge parks quadruples in one year, council reveals
- 6 TV's Ben Shephard opens island themed playground at children’s hospice
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 9 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 10 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'