Elderly lady hit by car as she crossed High Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
An elderly lady believed to be in her 80s has been hit by a car whilst crossing High Road, Ilford.
The collision between the pedestrian and a silver Vauxhall Astra took place by the junction between High Road and Francis Street.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances after they were alerted at 4.10pm.
The lady, reported to be Punjabi, was lifted in a stretcher and taken to hospital as it was feared she could have a spinal injury.
A LAS spokesperson confirmed that she had considerable pain with her shoulder and her wrist and was taken as a priority to Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
You may also want to watch:
A police officer at the scene said: “It was at low speed but it was an elderly lady, that’s our concern.”
- 1 Ilford charity boss named in Queen’s Birthday Honours
- 2 Ilford GP criticises NHS patient data sharing plans
- 3 Thousands sign petition opposing gas company plan to take over allotments
- 4 Ilford's Mercato Metropolitano to open in November
- 5 Man with Hainault links wanted on recall to prison
- 6 Ilford primary teacher joins campaign to get people teaching
- 7 Man jailed after gun and cocaine worth £1m found at Ilford home
- 8 Pupils prepare for summer singing festival at Kenneth More Theatre
- 9 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower