Elderly lady hit by car as she crossed High Road, Ilford
- Credit: Archant
An elderly lady believed to be in her 80s has been hit by a car whilst crossing High Road, Ilford.
The collision between the pedestrian and a silver Vauxhall Astra took place by the junction between High Road and Francis Street.
London Ambulance Service sent two ambulances after they were alerted at 4.10pm.
The lady, reported to be Punjabi, was lifted in a stretcher and taken to hospital as it was feared she could have a spinal injury.
A LAS spokesperson confirmed that she had considerable pain with her shoulder and her wrist and was taken as a priority to Queen’s Hospital, Romford.
You may also want to watch:
A police officer at the scene said: “It was at low speed but it was an elderly lady, that’s our concern.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 6 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 7 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 8 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole
- 9 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 10 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off