Eight-year-old schoolboy sacrifices his hair to raise money for Little Princess Trust
An eight-year-old schoolboy raised about �500 for charity by getting his hair cut off.
Aytan Cohen, a Year 4 pupil at Ilford Jewish Primary School, asked friends and family to sponsor him to get his locks chopped off for Little Princess Trust.
The charity provides real hair wigs to children who have lost their hair through cancer treatment.
Aytan has grown his hair for the past two years and had it cut during Chanukah in front of the whole school.
Deborah Harris, the Jewish studies co-ordinator at the school in Carlton Drive, Barkingside, said: “Everyone in the school is so proud of Aytan. One of the things we teach our children is the importance of thinking of others less fortunate and caring about others.”
You may also want to watch:
“Aytan has made us feel very proud by doing this deed. It is an amazing thing.”
- 1 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 2 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 3 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 6 Chigwell child sex offender who posed as teen online jailed
- 7 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
- 8 'She has a chance to fight it': Donor match for leukaemia patient Esha
- 9 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London