Eight accused of Ilford murder of teenager Kelvin Chibueze appear in court
Eight men accused of stabbing a teenager to death in a gang attack outside an Ilford nightclub have denied the murder.
The suspects, aged between 17 and 30, are said to have killed 17 year-old Kelvin Chibueze on August 15.
Mr Chibueze was knifed in the chest outside a private party at The Artifex Club before being chased into the car park next to Lidl in Thompson Close.
Dale Williams, 20, Lerone Boye, 25, Ibrahim Zakari, 20, Kongolo Kongola, and Roger Damali, both 30, Joel Asare-Minta, 21, Diphy Menga, 23, and a 17 year-old who cannot be named because of his age appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Williams, Boye and Kongola pleaded not guilty to the charges of murder and violent disorder at a previous hearing.
You may also want to watch:
The other five defendants pleaded not guilty to the same offences at today’s hearing.
Judge John Bevan said they would stand trial on September 3, 2012.
- 1 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 2 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 3 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 4 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 5 Police meet with Jewish communities after attack on rabbi in Chigwell
- 6 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 7 Two men arrested on suspicion of GBH following hospitalisation of rabbi
- 8 Man tried to become comic book character by stabbing teen in park toilets
- 9 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 10 Clayhall pupils grill Matt Hancock and Dominic Raab
The case is expected to last until Christmas.
Damali, of Macauley Road, East Ham; Kongola, of Sewell Street, Plaistow; Zakari, of St Margaret’s, Barking; Boye, of Henley Road, Ilford; Williams, of Harts Lane, Barking; Asare-Minta, of Park Avenue, East Ham; Menga, of St Marys Road, Ilford; and the 17-year-old, from Dagenham, are all in custody.