Eight accused of Ilford murder of teenager Kelvin Chibueze appear in court
Eight men accused of stabbing a teenager to death in a gang attack outside an Ilford nightclub have denied the murder.
The suspects, aged between 17 and 30, are said to have killed 17 year-old Kelvin Chibueze on August 15.
Mr Chibueze was knifed in the chest outside a private party at The Artifex Club before being chased into the car park next to Lidl in Thompson Close.
Dale Williams, 20, Lerone Boye, 25, Ibrahim Zakari, 20, Kongolo Kongola, and Roger Damali, both 30, Joel Asare-Minta, 21, Diphy Menga, 23, and a 17 year-old who cannot be named because of his age appeared at the Old Bailey today.
Williams, Boye and Kongola pleaded not guilty to the charges of murder and violent disorder at a previous hearing.
You may also want to watch:
The other five defendants pleaded not guilty to the same offences at today’s hearing.
Judge John Bevan said they would stand trial on September 3, 2012.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Motorbike 'deliberately' struck by car in Redbridge, police say
The case is expected to last until Christmas.
Damali, of Macauley Road, East Ham; Kongola, of Sewell Street, Plaistow; Zakari, of St Margaret’s, Barking; Boye, of Henley Road, Ilford; Williams, of Harts Lane, Barking; Asare-Minta, of Park Avenue, East Ham; Menga, of St Marys Road, Ilford; and the 17-year-old, from Dagenham, are all in custody.