Young Redbridge performers to dazzle judges in glee club challenge
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of young performers are set to dazzle competition judges as this year’s search for an outstanding glee club commences in London and Essex.
The Jack Petchey Glee Club Challenge presents an opportunity for the young people of Redbridge to garner a hat-trick of wins for the area, with the competition being won by local glee clubs in 2012 and 2013.
The competition first started in 2011, with the Ursuline Academy Ilford Glee Club taking the crown in 2012 and the Finch Stage School in Barkingside winning in 2013.
Winners of the competition will perform at the London Palladium next year before performing at a grand final at the Southbank Centre in December. Finalists can grab a share of £5000’s worth of prizes.
Head Judge Graham Norton said: “Every year I am moved by these young people. There is so much passion in their performances it brings a tear to the eye.”
You may also want to watch:
Other celebrity judges at the final will include west end favourites John Partridge, Tamzin Outhwaite and X-Factor’s Brenda Edwards.
Programme director Lee Thompson said: “I would urge any group of young people with an interest in performing to take a look at the website and have a go – you never know you could be performing in front of 1,000 people in December!”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 5 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust
- 6 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 7 Labour's shadow cabinet reshuffle sees new role for Ilford North MP
- 8 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 9 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
The challenge is open to groups between eight and 30 members between the ages of 11 and 25.
Enter at gleeclubchallenge.co.uk for free. Entries must be made by June 27.