Young Ilford capenter meets TV builder Tommy Walsh after competition triumph
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford carpentry student met celebrity builder Tommy Walsh after coming second in a college competition last week.
Peter Wiles, 16, is studying for a diploma in carpentry and joinery at Barking and Dagenham College, in Rush Green.
He showed off his skills in a construction competition held in honour of National Apprenticeship Week with teammate Jack Stevens.
He said: “We were up against some great competitors but we’ve been working really hard on improving our skills so I’m really pleased that the hard work has paid off.
“Being presented the prize by Tommy Walsh was the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Walsh, of Ground Force fame, said: “I’m sure these young adults have fantastic career opportunities ahead of them.
“I wish them every success.”
- 1 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years
- 2 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 6 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 7 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Double murder arrest as dramatic footage shows police detaining woman