Young Ilford capenter meets TV builder Tommy Walsh after competition triumph
- Credit: Archant
An Ilford carpentry student met celebrity builder Tommy Walsh after coming second in a college competition last week.
Peter Wiles, 16, is studying for a diploma in carpentry and joinery at Barking and Dagenham College, in Rush Green.
He showed off his skills in a construction competition held in honour of National Apprenticeship Week with teammate Jack Stevens.
He said: “We were up against some great competitors but we’ve been working really hard on improving our skills so I’m really pleased that the hard work has paid off.
“Being presented the prize by Tommy Walsh was the icing on the cake.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Walsh, of Ground Force fame, said: “I’m sure these young adults have fantastic career opportunities ahead of them.
“I wish them every success.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 8 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford