Work starts on new Jewish primary school in Barkingside
Work has started on the new Ilford Jewish Primary School in Barkingside.
The school is being moved onto the same campus as King Solomon High School from its old location in Carlton Drive.
Head teacher Roz Levin said: “I’m very excited. It’s going to make a huge difference to have a brand new purpose-built school.
“Hopefully it will help rejuvenate the Jewish community in Redbridge.”
The new school is part of King Solomon’s �11million redevelopment and will include a cr�che, nursery and a 1.5 form entry primary school together with out-of-hour community facilities.
It will provide places for up to 395 children aged between two and 11.
The secondary school development will include a new arts, drama and music department, sixth form facilities and new landscaping and parking.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Awards nomination for 'rights champion' schoolgirl, 9
- 6 'Time to end the injustice': Barts staff set to strike amid pay dispute
- 7 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 8 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 9 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 10 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?
Another school is expected to take up the old Ilford Jewish Primary School site location.
The primary school is due to be completed in July 2013 and the whole development will be completed next summer for the start of the 2013/14 academic year.