Work starts on new Jewish primary school in Barkingside
Work has started on the new Ilford Jewish Primary School in Barkingside.
The school is being moved onto the same campus as King Solomon High School from its old location in Carlton Drive.
Head teacher Roz Levin said: “I’m very excited. It’s going to make a huge difference to have a brand new purpose-built school.
“Hopefully it will help rejuvenate the Jewish community in Redbridge.”
The new school is part of King Solomon’s �11million redevelopment and will include a cr�che, nursery and a 1.5 form entry primary school together with out-of-hour community facilities.
You may also want to watch:
It will provide places for up to 395 children aged between two and 11.
The secondary school development will include a new arts, drama and music department, sixth form facilities and new landscaping and parking.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
Another school is expected to take up the old Ilford Jewish Primary School site location.
The primary school is due to be completed in July 2013 and the whole development will be completed next summer for the start of the 2013/14 academic year.