Work starts on new Jewish primary school in Barkingside
Work has started on the new Ilford Jewish Primary School in Barkingside.
The school is being moved onto the same campus as King Solomon High School from its old location in Carlton Drive.
Head teacher Roz Levin said: “I’m very excited. It’s going to make a huge difference to have a brand new purpose-built school.
“Hopefully it will help rejuvenate the Jewish community in Redbridge.”
The new school is part of King Solomon’s �11million redevelopment and will include a cr�che, nursery and a 1.5 form entry primary school together with out-of-hour community facilities.
You may also want to watch:
It will provide places for up to 395 children aged between two and 11.
The secondary school development will include a new arts, drama and music department, sixth form facilities and new landscaping and parking.
- 1 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 2 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 4 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 7 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 8 New Covid vaccine centres to open across east London
- 9 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 10 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
Another school is expected to take up the old Ilford Jewish Primary School site location.
The primary school is due to be completed in July 2013 and the whole development will be completed next summer for the start of the 2013/14 academic year.