Work starts on new Jewish primary school in Barkingside
Work has started on the new Ilford Jewish Primary School in Barkingside.
The school is being moved onto the same campus as King Solomon High School from its old location in Carlton Drive.
Head teacher Roz Levin said: “I’m very excited. It’s going to make a huge difference to have a brand new purpose-built school.
“Hopefully it will help rejuvenate the Jewish community in Redbridge.”
The new school is part of King Solomon’s �11million redevelopment and will include a cr�che, nursery and a 1.5 form entry primary school together with out-of-hour community facilities.
You may also want to watch:
It will provide places for up to 395 children aged between two and 11.
The secondary school development will include a new arts, drama and music department, sixth form facilities and new landscaping and parking.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 4 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 5 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 6 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
Another school is expected to take up the old Ilford Jewish Primary School site location.
The primary school is due to be completed in July 2013 and the whole development will be completed next summer for the start of the 2013/14 academic year.