Work starts on new Jewish primary school in Barkingside
Work has started on the new Ilford Jewish Primary School in Barkingside.
The school is being moved onto the same campus as King Solomon High School from its old location in Carlton Drive.
Head teacher Roz Levin said: “I’m very excited. It’s going to make a huge difference to have a brand new purpose-built school.
“Hopefully it will help rejuvenate the Jewish community in Redbridge.”
The new school is part of King Solomon’s �11million redevelopment and will include a cr�che, nursery and a 1.5 form entry primary school together with out-of-hour community facilities.
It will provide places for up to 395 children aged between two and 11.
The secondary school development will include a new arts, drama and music department, sixth form facilities and new landscaping and parking.
- 1 Zara Aleena: Man charged with Ilford murder
- 2 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 3 'A joy to us all': Zara Aleena's family pay tribute after 'sickening' death
- 4 Tributes paid to law graduate murdered as she walked home in Ilford
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of Ilford murder as police name victim
- 6 Murder investigation launched after woman fatally attacked in Ilford
- 7 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 8 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 9 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 10 Mayor tells borough's youth: 'Be ambitious for Redbridge'
Another school is expected to take up the old Ilford Jewish Primary School site location.
The primary school is due to be completed in July 2013 and the whole development will be completed next summer for the start of the 2013/14 academic year.