Woodford Green school reaches new heights with its fundraising for Haven House
- Credit: Archant
Children at a Woodford Green school have reached new heights in their bid to raise money for a local children’s hospice.
Pupils at Avon House Preparatory School in High Road, Woodford Green, released 200 balloons into the air on Friday while raising £1,035 for Haven House Children’s Hospice, also in High Road.
Each balloon was sold for £5 with four-year-old Alexander Christadoulu winning a sweet hamper after raising the most money - £150.
Gill Geisler, head of the school’s Morris House which organised the fundraising drive, said: “This is a great achievement for such a small school.
“It’s so important that our children understand that there are children at Haven House who may not get better so we support the charity which does such amazing work.”
You may also want to watch:
The person who finds the balloon which travelled the furthest will receive a £100 travel voucher donated by Dagenham Travel.
The hospice is also encouraging people to “Take on 10” activities to fundraise during its tenth anniversary year.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 6 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 7 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 8 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Investigation underway as 20 dead birds recovered from Goodmayes Park lake
Suggested ways to help out include organising a zumbathon, holding a cake sale or a fancy-dress day in the office.
Bancroft’s School in High Road, Woodford Green, has already pledged its support to the scheme.
For more information about “Take on 10” visit www.havenhouse.org.uk/getinvolved/fundraise.