Woodford Green pupils shine in starry production of the Christmas story
Young pupils at a Woodford Green school told parents and classmates the story of Christmas through song yesterday.
Children had been practising since November 8 for their production of Shine Star Shine before putting on two performances at Avon House Preparatory School in High Road.
They dressed as a variety of characters including innkeepers, sheep, camels, angels, the
wise men and of course Mary and Joseph.
And the cast from two foundation classes got a run through in front of their classmates at a dress rehearsal on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
May Abery, the school’s head of early years, said: “It’s a very engaging play because there are lots of actions and all the children were involved.”
- 1 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 2 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 3 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 4 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 5 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 8 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 9 Anti-hate crime workshops to be delivered in Redbridge
- 10 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers