Woodford Green pupils shine in starry production of the Christmas story
Young pupils at a Woodford Green school told parents and classmates the story of Christmas through song yesterday.
Children had been practising since November 8 for their production of Shine Star Shine before putting on two performances at Avon House Preparatory School in High Road.
They dressed as a variety of characters including innkeepers, sheep, camels, angels, the
wise men and of course Mary and Joseph.
And the cast from two foundation classes got a run through in front of their classmates at a dress rehearsal on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
May Abery, the school’s head of early years, said: “It’s a very engaging play because there are lots of actions and all the children were involved.”
- 1 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 2 Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- 3 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 One in 20 may have had Covid-19 last week in Redbridge, Newham and Barking and Dagenham, figures suggest
- 9 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences