Woodford Green nursing home invites community to enjoy their favourite stories
- Credit: Archant
A Woodford Green nursing home is preparing to celebrate residents’ best loved stories and poems by inviting the community to enjoy National Storytelling Week.
Residents at Harts House Nursing Home, Harts Grove, will be turning the pages of their favourite books and letting their imaginations run wild as they host a special event on Monday.
Resident, Nora Fox, has already starting storytelling ahead of the home’s activities, which start at 2pm.
Home manager, Lisa Curtis, said: “Storytelling is one of the most traditional forms of enjoyment for people of all ages. It allows our residents to liberate their imaginations and be transported to other worlds without even having to leave the comfort of their armchairs.
“We are looking forward to welcoming family members and members of the local community along - we really want as many people as possible to join us in celebrating this wonderful form of entertainment.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody interested in attending should call 0845 600 4266 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine