Woodford Green nursing home invites community to enjoy their favourite stories
- Credit: Archant
A Woodford Green nursing home is preparing to celebrate residents’ best loved stories and poems by inviting the community to enjoy National Storytelling Week.
Residents at Harts House Nursing Home, Harts Grove, will be turning the pages of their favourite books and letting their imaginations run wild as they host a special event on Monday.
Resident, Nora Fox, has already starting storytelling ahead of the home’s activities, which start at 2pm.
Home manager, Lisa Curtis, said: “Storytelling is one of the most traditional forms of enjoyment for people of all ages. It allows our residents to liberate their imaginations and be transported to other worlds without even having to leave the comfort of their armchairs.
“We are looking forward to welcoming family members and members of the local community along - we really want as many people as possible to join us in celebrating this wonderful form of entertainment.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody interested in attending should call 0845 600 4266 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 4 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 7 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 8 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 9 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 10 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years