Woodford Green nursing home invites community to enjoy their favourite stories
- Credit: Archant
A Woodford Green nursing home is preparing to celebrate residents’ best loved stories and poems by inviting the community to enjoy National Storytelling Week.
Residents at Harts House Nursing Home, Harts Grove, will be turning the pages of their favourite books and letting their imaginations run wild as they host a special event on Monday.
Resident, Nora Fox, has already starting storytelling ahead of the home’s activities, which start at 2pm.
Home manager, Lisa Curtis, said: “Storytelling is one of the most traditional forms of enjoyment for people of all ages. It allows our residents to liberate their imaginations and be transported to other worlds without even having to leave the comfort of their armchairs.
“We are looking forward to welcoming family members and members of the local community along - we really want as many people as possible to join us in celebrating this wonderful form of entertainment.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody interested in attending should call 0845 600 4266 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 4 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 9 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms