Woodford Green nursing home invites community to enjoy their favourite stories
- Credit: Archant
A Woodford Green nursing home is preparing to celebrate residents’ best loved stories and poems by inviting the community to enjoy National Storytelling Week.
Residents at Harts House Nursing Home, Harts Grove, will be turning the pages of their favourite books and letting their imaginations run wild as they host a special event on Monday.
Resident, Nora Fox, has already starting storytelling ahead of the home’s activities, which start at 2pm.
Home manager, Lisa Curtis, said: “Storytelling is one of the most traditional forms of enjoyment for people of all ages. It allows our residents to liberate their imaginations and be transported to other worlds without even having to leave the comfort of their armchairs.
“We are looking forward to welcoming family members and members of the local community along - we really want as many people as possible to join us in celebrating this wonderful form of entertainment.”
You may also want to watch:
Anybody interested in attending should call 0845 600 4266 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools