Woodford Green hospice ‘overwhelmed’ by generous present
- Credit: Archant
A hospice has been “overwhelmed by generosity” after hundreds of toys and specialist equipment were donated by a Sikh community group.
Haven House Children’s Hospice, in High Road, Woodford Green, received the donation of 300 items from The Sikh Welfare and Awareness Team (SWAT).
Mike Palfreman, chief executive of Haven House, said the donation was fantastic.
He said: “We have been left overwhelmed by the generosity of SWAT London in purchasing so many specialist toys and equipment from our wish list.
“The items will be of great use in the hospice and for our toy home loan service.”
You may also want to watch:
Randeep Lall from SWAT London said: “It was an absolute delight to have the opportunity to meet the children and supporting families who are part of Haven House.
“It was a heart warming and eye-opening visit.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 7 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 8 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 9 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 10 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
“We all must learn to appreciate every moment we have on this beautiful planet.
“Life is precious.”