Woodford Green hospice ‘overwhelmed’ by generous present
- Credit: Archant
A hospice has been “overwhelmed by generosity” after hundreds of toys and specialist equipment were donated by a Sikh community group.
Haven House Children’s Hospice, in High Road, Woodford Green, received the donation of 300 items from The Sikh Welfare and Awareness Team (SWAT).
Mike Palfreman, chief executive of Haven House, said the donation was fantastic.
He said: “We have been left overwhelmed by the generosity of SWAT London in purchasing so many specialist toys and equipment from our wish list.
“The items will be of great use in the hospice and for our toy home loan service.”
Randeep Lall from SWAT London said: “It was an absolute delight to have the opportunity to meet the children and supporting families who are part of Haven House.
“It was a heart warming and eye-opening visit.
- 1 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 2 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in east London
- 4 Labour wins Mayfield seats in delayed election
- 5 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 6 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Covid: Weekly admissions halve as patient counts drop to July 2021 levels
- 9 Call for pictures of your Platinum Jubilee street parties and celebrations
- 10 Redbridge poetry group appeals for new members after pandemic pause
“We all must learn to appreciate every moment we have on this beautiful planet.
“Life is precious.”