Woodford Green hospice ‘overwhelmed’ by generous present
- Credit: Archant
A hospice has been “overwhelmed by generosity” after hundreds of toys and specialist equipment were donated by a Sikh community group.
Haven House Children’s Hospice, in High Road, Woodford Green, received the donation of 300 items from The Sikh Welfare and Awareness Team (SWAT).
Mike Palfreman, chief executive of Haven House, said the donation was fantastic.
He said: “We have been left overwhelmed by the generosity of SWAT London in purchasing so many specialist toys and equipment from our wish list.
“The items will be of great use in the hospice and for our toy home loan service.”
You may also want to watch:
Randeep Lall from SWAT London said: “It was an absolute delight to have the opportunity to meet the children and supporting families who are part of Haven House.
“It was a heart warming and eye-opening visit.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
“We all must learn to appreciate every moment we have on this beautiful planet.
“Life is precious.”