Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Caterham High School students take to the rapids
- Credit: Archant
This lot must have been paddling mad to take on the white water rapids at Lee Valley.
The students from Caterham High School, Caterham Avenue, Clayhall, went on the white knuckle ride at the White Water Centre on Monday.
Their visit was part of the third annual school festival aiming to encourage people to give rafting a go after the success of Team GB’s at the Olympics.
Shaun Dawson, chief executive of the park, said: “The Games and the athletes who took part have proved to be inspirational to young people and terrific role models.”
Caterham High School represented Redbridge at the event organised by the Lee Valley Regional Park Authority.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dawson said: “The schools festival enables us to engage with the community and give students a taste for what happened on their doorstep last year.”
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation