Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Caterham High School students take to the rapids
- Credit: Archant
This lot must have been paddling mad to take on the white water rapids at Lee Valley.
The students from Caterham High School, Caterham Avenue, Clayhall, went on the white knuckle ride at the White Water Centre on Monday.
Their visit was part of the third annual school festival aiming to encourage people to give rafting a go after the success of Team GB’s at the Olympics.
Shaun Dawson, chief executive of the park, said: “The Games and the athletes who took part have proved to be inspirational to young people and terrific role models.”
Caterham High School represented Redbridge at the event organised by the Lee Valley Regional Park Authority.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Dawson said: “The schools festival enables us to engage with the community and give students a taste for what happened on their doorstep last year.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals