We want to be princes and princesses - Redbridge royal wedding pupils!
Bunting flew during assemblies and fancy dress became the uniform for Redbridge schoolchildren on Thursday of last week as they celebrated the Royal Wedding.
Youngsters of all ages pulled out the stops to have a good time and learn more about the monarchy on the eve of the big day.
At Aldersbrook Primary School, Harpenden Road, Wanstead a playground party with cupcakes marked the event while at Fullwood School, Burford Close, Barkingside they dressed up as kings and queens for the day.
At Maytime Montessori Nursery, in Cranbrook Road, Ilford, the local police team even dropped in to help children and staff party.
Nursery manager, Denise Hannan, said: “It was an absolutely fantastic day, and we had it outside at the front because the weather was so good. The girls enjoyed being princesses for the day because they had been learning all about the royal family.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “Even the police saw our party and came to tell us how impressed they were.”
At Grove Road Primary School in Chadwell Heath Lane, Chadwell Health, each year-group celebrated with a different event. Year 6 teacher Phil Amos said: “The Royal Wedding has been really informative for them and they’re really gee-ed up by it because of the whole prince and princess thing. A lot of the younger ones were talking about how they wanted to grow up to be a prince or princess.”
- 1 Young Citizen: Ilford student who assisted at crash campaigns for more first aid
- 2 Sam Tarry MP urges Sadiq Khan to block Goodmayes Tesco development
- 3 Barkingside man charged with intending to supply cannabis
- 4 Protestors decry 'privatisation' of NHS outside Loxford Practice
- 5 'I convened a meeting for residents and businesses in the York Road area'
- 6 Charity urges council to tackle alleged Ilford Lane anti-social behaviour
- 7 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 8 Redbridge issued more than 2,800 Blue Badge fines in 2020, data shows
- 9 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 10 Council leader urges government to fund flood prevention measures