Wanstead children learn the joy of acting through Coronation Street and Casualty actress
- Credit: Archant
An actress more used to gritty television dramas shared the joy of acting with children in Wanstead yesterday.
Mum-of-two Sam Seager, who has starred in Coronation Street, Casualty and The Lakes, opened the latest term of her Acting Bugs group in the Christ Church, Wanstead Place.
Aimed at pre-school children, the group introduces them to acting with story-telling, improvisation, props and puppets.
Sam, who will be better known to children as Bobby the Bus Cleaner on CBeebies show Me Too!, said: “The aim is all about having fun, the children should feel like they’re at a party but it’s really educational.
“It’s using their imaginations and their bodies and it’s an opportunity to learn.”
You may also want to watch:
Stories told to the children include “Marvin the monkey visits the moon” and the “Magic Silver Telescope”, which gets children to imagine viewing their favourite things.
Parents, who stay with their children during sessions, are encouraged to take part by acting out being a piece of jelly, for example.
- 1 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 2 Thirteen-year-old boy stabbed in Ilford
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Co-living development green-lit by council despite 'rabbit hutch' rooms
- 5 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 6 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 7 Seven Kings School celebrates 90th birthday with fair
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Nine Redbridge parks retain Green Flag Award status
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
The group runs during school term times on a drop-in basis and costs £5 per child per session.
The Wanstead class is on Mondays, between 1.45pm and 2.45pm.
For more information visit www.actingbugs.co.uk or email Sam on firstname.lastname@example.org.