Wanstead children learn the joy of acting through Coronation Street and Casualty actress
- Credit: Archant
An actress more used to gritty television dramas shared the joy of acting with children in Wanstead yesterday.
Mum-of-two Sam Seager, who has starred in Coronation Street, Casualty and The Lakes, opened the latest term of her Acting Bugs group in the Christ Church, Wanstead Place.
Aimed at pre-school children, the group introduces them to acting with story-telling, improvisation, props and puppets.
Sam, who will be better known to children as Bobby the Bus Cleaner on CBeebies show Me Too!, said: “The aim is all about having fun, the children should feel like they’re at a party but it’s really educational.
“It’s using their imaginations and their bodies and it’s an opportunity to learn.”
You may also want to watch:
Stories told to the children include “Marvin the monkey visits the moon” and the “Magic Silver Telescope”, which gets children to imagine viewing their favourite things.
Parents, who stay with their children during sessions, are encouraged to take part by acting out being a piece of jelly, for example.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 4 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Goodmayes racer Alex Lynn and title leader Sam Bird preview London E-Prix
- 8 Dispersal order issued ahead of fears over ‘illegal music events’
- 9 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 10 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
The group runs during school term times on a drop-in basis and costs £5 per child per session.
The Wanstead class is on Mondays, between 1.45pm and 2.45pm.
For more information visit www.actingbugs.co.uk or email Sam on firstname.lastname@example.org.