Uphall Primary School create some unusual letters for Santa
- Credit: Archant
Santa is receiving some unusual Christmas letters this yearfrom the children at Uphall Primary School, asking him to only give presents to others.
The Bake House production company came into the school, in Uphall Lane, Ilford last week to promote caring for others at Christmas time through writing letters to Father Christmas.
Tricia Kheejoo, a teacher at the school, said: “The whole point is to think of Christmas as not about themselves and what they want but what they can give to others.”
“The kids had an amazing time and enjoyed being taught the real meaning of Christmas,” she added.
The children asked Santa to help children in need before they post the letters at shopping centre Exchange Ilford, High Road, Ilford.
The shopping centre has pledged to donate 50p to the Dream Factory charity for every letter sent.
The Dream Factory, based in Fowler Road, Hainault, grants wishes to terminally ill children.
- 1 Jailed: Teen who inflicted life-changing injuries as he squirted acid in boy's face
- 2 Police no longer looking for man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 New documentary on murders of women whose bodies were hidden in freezer
- 4 Patients with Covid in east London hospitals fall after rising for weeks
- 5 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 6 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
- 7 TfL welcomes RMT decision to suspend first round of strike action
- 8 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 9 Votes set to be cast for borough's next youth parliament members
- 10 'Government should rethink their plans': Masks still required on TfL