Two Hainault pupils won a competition to design The Forest Academy’s new logo
- Credit: Archant
From September, children at The Forest Academy will have a new uniform designed by pupils.
More than 250 students submitted ideas as part of a competition to create a new logo and senior staff had the difficult job of choosing two winners.
After much deliberation, work submitted by Ahnaf Kabir of class 7Y1 and Sahabia Ali of 8G1, was selected at the school on Harbourer Road, Hainault.
As a special reward, the two pupils were invited along to Icy Mango design studio to see their ideas come to life.
After a couple of hours of discussion, both Ahnaf and Sahabia decided on a logo that cleverly incorporated both of their designs.
You may also want to watch:
Sahabia said: “This was a fun and exciting experience as I got to see the new school logo come together.
“I enjoyed it very much and would love to do it again.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 6 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 7 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 8 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 9 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 10 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence
“The thought of walking into school and seeing everyone wearing something I designed makes me very proud.”
Ahnaf added: ”It was a really fun day, I could let my imagination run away from me.
“I could add and take away from my ideas when designing the logo on the computer.
“Overall the day was really fun and I felt this was one of my best days.”
Anderson Arokium, senior designer at Icy Mango said the children were a credit to the school.
“It was a joy and a pleasure to work with Ahnaf and Sahabia,” he said.
“During their time at the studio, both students fully interacted with the task in hand.”
Mr Will Thompson, the principal at The Forest Academy, said he has never been prouder to be head at the school.
“The final outcome, as you can see, is a truly exciting and fresh logo which we are confident that the students at The Forest Academy will enjoy wearing with pride on their new school uniform which is due to be launched in September 2018,” he said.
“(The logo) is the first of some very exciting changes that are being made at the school that we feel will provide our young people with the best educational experience.”