TV judge Rob Rinder proves a big hit at fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
The verdict on a fundraiser attended by TV celebrity Judge Rob Rinder is in, and in one word, it was “fantastic”.
For those in need, a charity helping people with multiple sclerosis, held the event last week at the Prince Regent Hotel in Manor Road, Woodford Green, with Judge Rinder making an appearance as the after-lunch speaker.
Eileen Vilka, who works with the charity, was extremely happy with how the event went and full of praise for the popular TV judge.
She said: “He was absolutely wonderful, he actually went around the tables and spoke to everyone. He was very amenable.”
The ITV star was happy to pose for photographs and hear from those lucky enough to get tickets to the sold out event.
You may also want to watch:
Eileen said: “He didn’t want to just speak to us after lunch, so people asked him questions about his career and his TV show, and he answered honestly.
“We could have sold twice as many tickets, but sadly the hall just wasn’t big enough.”
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
More than £3,500 was raised during the event to help the charity fund care for MS sufferers.
Eileen said: “Financially the event was a huge success, one person donated over £1,000.
“It’s our most profitable fundraiser ever. It was fantastic.”