TV judge Rob Rinder proves a big hit at fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
The verdict on a fundraiser attended by TV celebrity Judge Rob Rinder is in, and in one word, it was “fantastic”.
For those in need, a charity helping people with multiple sclerosis, held the event last week at the Prince Regent Hotel in Manor Road, Woodford Green, with Judge Rinder making an appearance as the after-lunch speaker.
Eileen Vilka, who works with the charity, was extremely happy with how the event went and full of praise for the popular TV judge.
She said: “He was absolutely wonderful, he actually went around the tables and spoke to everyone. He was very amenable.”
The ITV star was happy to pose for photographs and hear from those lucky enough to get tickets to the sold out event.
You may also want to watch:
Eileen said: “He didn’t want to just speak to us after lunch, so people asked him questions about his career and his TV show, and he answered honestly.
“We could have sold twice as many tickets, but sadly the hall just wasn’t big enough.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
More than £3,500 was raised during the event to help the charity fund care for MS sufferers.
Eileen said: “Financially the event was a huge success, one person donated over £1,000.
“It’s our most profitable fundraiser ever. It was fantastic.”