TV judge Rob Rinder proves a big hit at fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
The verdict on a fundraiser attended by TV celebrity Judge Rob Rinder is in, and in one word, it was “fantastic”.
For those in need, a charity helping people with multiple sclerosis, held the event last week at the Prince Regent Hotel in Manor Road, Woodford Green, with Judge Rinder making an appearance as the after-lunch speaker.
Eileen Vilka, who works with the charity, was extremely happy with how the event went and full of praise for the popular TV judge.
She said: “He was absolutely wonderful, he actually went around the tables and spoke to everyone. He was very amenable.”
The ITV star was happy to pose for photographs and hear from those lucky enough to get tickets to the sold out event.
You may also want to watch:
Eileen said: “He didn’t want to just speak to us after lunch, so people asked him questions about his career and his TV show, and he answered honestly.
“We could have sold twice as many tickets, but sadly the hall just wasn’t big enough.”
- 1 Neighbours slam council over Christchurch Green kiosk approval
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 4 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 5 Award for officers who tackled knife-wielding man at Ilford station
- 6 Bereaved dad's marathon tribute to son who died of rare brain disorder
- 7 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 8 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 9 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 10 Public in 'parallel universe' to hospitals on Covid measures, meeting told
More than £3,500 was raised during the event to help the charity fund care for MS sufferers.
Eileen said: “Financially the event was a huge success, one person donated over £1,000.
“It’s our most profitable fundraiser ever. It was fantastic.”