Trio take first place with plaice at Redbridge College
A team of three trainee chefs have cooked up a storm taking the top prize in the Cook and Serve contest.
The trio fought off competition from six other teams of students managing to impress a panel of expert judges with their teamwork skills.
The cook-off was held at Rouge Restaurant which is based at Redbridge College, Little Heath, Barley Lane.
Ryan Easton, 19, Albert Gelderbloem and Scott Cullen both 18, planned and executed the winning menu.
Albert said: “We enjoyed working together and were able to bounce ideas off one another before settling on our final menu. It was great working with Ryan and Scott. I’m so pleased we were able to finish in first place. ”
You may also want to watch:
They cooked pan-fried plaice with a white wine sauce alongside hand-made potato rosti for their winning dish yesterday.
Justin McNamara, who organised the event, said: “The technique and teamwork demonstrated by each of these three learners was brilliant and their menu was constructed incredibly well, with great tastes, flavours and colour.”
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence