Toddlers get up to messy mischief at Barkingside school
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters have been getting up to all kinds of messy mischief at a weekly play session.
Clore Tikva Primary School in Fullwell Avenue, Barkingside, hosts the activity club for children aged between 14 months and four years old.
The toddlers get the opportunity to play with lots of different messy things such as paint, sand, water, pasta, jelly and play dough.
Organiser Laura Davis said: “Though the activities can change from week to week it is always messy mischief. But it’s our mess, not yours!
“I would say to people thinking of coming along, don’t miss out on the fun.”
The new initiative started in November and school headteacher Lenna Rosenberg believes it has been a great success.
She said: “It gives toddlers a wonderful opportunity to have fun and the parents can meet other parents and also see the school facilities.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 3 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 4 Pair charged with creating fake Covid vaccination records
- 5 Convicted killer 'attacked sister-in-law after repeated threats', court hears
- 6 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 7 Ilford fast food restaurant permitted to open later
- 8 Newbury Park grass fire sees homes evacuated
- 9 Cost of living crisis: What to do if you can't pay your bills
- 10 Jailed: Ilford fraudster involved in £13m Ponzi scheme through property fraud
“The sessions are all properly supervised and numbers are restricted to 12 because of the time it takes to set up – and clean up!
“Laura is very experienced and the children absolutely love it.”
The sessions take place every Friday from 10.50am-12pm and cost £5 per child.
If your child would like to get involved with the messy mischief, call 020 8551 1097.