Toddlers get up to messy mischief at Barkingside school
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters have been getting up to all kinds of messy mischief at a weekly play session.
Clore Tikva Primary School in Fullwell Avenue, Barkingside, hosts the activity club for children aged between 14 months and four years old.
The toddlers get the opportunity to play with lots of different messy things such as paint, sand, water, pasta, jelly and play dough.
Organiser Laura Davis said: “Though the activities can change from week to week it is always messy mischief. But it’s our mess, not yours!
“I would say to people thinking of coming along, don’t miss out on the fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The new initiative started in November and school headteacher Lenna Rosenberg believes it has been a great success.
She said: “It gives toddlers a wonderful opportunity to have fun and the parents can meet other parents and also see the school facilities.
- 1 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 2 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 3 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 4 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 5 Young Citizen: 'Our community needs us the most right now', says Mutual Aid volunteer
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 7 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 8 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 9 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 10 Inquest into murdered nursing student fails to establish cause of death
“The sessions are all properly supervised and numbers are restricted to 12 because of the time it takes to set up – and clean up!
“Laura is very experienced and the children absolutely love it.”
The sessions take place every Friday from 10.50am-12pm and cost £5 per child.
If your child would like to get involved with the messy mischief, call 020 8551 1097.