Toddlers get up to messy mischief at Barkingside school
- Credit: Archant
Youngsters have been getting up to all kinds of messy mischief at a weekly play session.
Clore Tikva Primary School in Fullwell Avenue, Barkingside, hosts the activity club for children aged between 14 months and four years old.
The toddlers get the opportunity to play with lots of different messy things such as paint, sand, water, pasta, jelly and play dough.
Organiser Laura Davis said: “Though the activities can change from week to week it is always messy mischief. But it’s our mess, not yours!
“I would say to people thinking of coming along, don’t miss out on the fun.”
You may also want to watch:
The new initiative started in November and school headteacher Lenna Rosenberg believes it has been a great success.
She said: “It gives toddlers a wonderful opportunity to have fun and the parents can meet other parents and also see the school facilities.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 3 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new café in Redbridge
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 6 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 7 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 8 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 9 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 10 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
“The sessions are all properly supervised and numbers are restricted to 12 because of the time it takes to set up – and clean up!
“Laura is very experienced and the children absolutely love it.”
The sessions take place every Friday from 10.50am-12pm and cost £5 per child.
If your child would like to get involved with the messy mischief, call 020 8551 1097.