Three Redbridge schools win national career advice accolade
Three Redbridge schools have been recognised for their commitment to pupils’ future prospects.
Oaks Park High School in Newbury Park, Woodford County High School, in Woodford Green, and The Ursuline Academy, in Ilford, have been given the Investors in Careers Award.
Oaks Park High School careers co-ordinator Paula Sumray said: “It was a lot of hard work.
“Before, careers were quite low level but now pupils can’t move without being told about their options.”
Headteacher Steve Wilks said he was “delighted” with the award.
You may also want to watch:
It aims to recognise the efforts of schools helping students move towards careers with advice and guidance.
Schools must apply and be assessed by judges for the award, which lasts for three years.
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Redbridge as chosen by readers
- 2 Coffee fanatics to open 'lively' new coffee shop in Redbridge
- 3 'Last of a dying breed': Ilford pub scoops readers' vote honour
- 4 Homebuilder steps back from proposals over rising projected costs
- 5 Medics treat six people after three-car crash in Ilford
- 6 Council seeks public input after York Road anti-social behaviour concerns
- 7 Three new items Redbridge residents can recycle
- 8 Ilford care home nominated for two national awards
- 9 Valentines Park bench dedicated to couple described as 'pillars of community'
- 10 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash