Three Redbridge schools win national career advice accolade
Three Redbridge schools have been recognised for their commitment to pupils’ future prospects.
Oaks Park High School in Newbury Park, Woodford County High School, in Woodford Green, and The Ursuline Academy, in Ilford, have been given the Investors in Careers Award.
Oaks Park High School careers co-ordinator Paula Sumray said: “It was a lot of hard work.
“Before, careers were quite low level but now pupils can’t move without being told about their options.”
Headteacher Steve Wilks said he was “delighted” with the award.
You may also want to watch:
It aims to recognise the efforts of schools helping students move towards careers with advice and guidance.
Schools must apply and be assessed by judges for the award, which lasts for three years.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Care home resident died after choking on sandwich, inquest hears
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford