Three Redbridge schools win national career advice accolade
Three Redbridge schools have been recognised for their commitment to pupils’ future prospects.
Oaks Park High School in Newbury Park, Woodford County High School, in Woodford Green, and The Ursuline Academy, in Ilford, have been given the Investors in Careers Award.
Oaks Park High School careers co-ordinator Paula Sumray said: “It was a lot of hard work.
“Before, careers were quite low level but now pupils can’t move without being told about their options.”
Headteacher Steve Wilks said he was “delighted” with the award.
You may also want to watch:
It aims to recognise the efforts of schools helping students move towards careers with advice and guidance.
Schools must apply and be assessed by judges for the award, which lasts for three years.
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council