'No child goes hungry': Hainault school launches free breakfast club
- Credit: The Forest Academy
A Hainault school has started a free breakfast club.
Open to all students, The Forest Academy club will be supervised by staff at the secondary school in Harbourer Road.
Activities and spaces to complete homework and revision will also be provided.
School principal Will Mackintosh said: “This breakfast club is part of our commitment at The Forest Academy to ensure all students can start the day with a healthy breakfast and to ensure that no child goes hungry.
“This is part of our commitment to serving our local community, providing for our students’ wider development and tackling ‘hidden hunger’.
"Students can also join our very popular daily cooking clubs at lunchtime, so that as well as accessing breakfast clubs, they can develop their cooking skills and learn how to make nutritious meals."
The breakfast club is being run in association with Family Action and the National School Breakfast Programme.
- 1 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 2 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 3 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 4 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 7 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 8 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Writer wins national prize for poetry about teaching and learning
- 10 Goodmayes 'loner' found dead in 'dilapidated' flat leaves £400k fortune