'No child goes hungry': Hainault school launches free breakfast club
- Credit: The Forest Academy
A Hainault school has started a free breakfast club.
Open to all students, The Forest Academy club will be supervised by staff at the secondary school in Harbourer Road.
Activities and spaces to complete homework and revision will also be provided.
School principal Will Mackintosh said: “This breakfast club is part of our commitment at The Forest Academy to ensure all students can start the day with a healthy breakfast and to ensure that no child goes hungry.
“This is part of our commitment to serving our local community, providing for our students’ wider development and tackling ‘hidden hunger’.
You may also want to watch:
"Students can also join our very popular daily cooking clubs at lunchtime, so that as well as accessing breakfast clubs, they can develop their cooking skills and learn how to make nutritious meals."
The breakfast club is being run in association with Family Action and the National School Breakfast Programme.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 4 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 5 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 6 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 7 Roof damaged in Seven Kings house fire
- 8 Opera star Jonathan Antoine to return to the stage ahead of US tour
- 9 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 10 More strike action planned in Newbury Park school dispute