Teachers and parents join in fun at Ilford primary school sports day
- Credit: Archant
The kids weren’t allowed to have all the fun at a school sports day in Ilford last week, when parents and even teachers joined in the games.
Teachers from Cranbrook Primary School, in The Drive, had a challenge in a three-legged race and mums and dads ran in their own 100m finals.
School pupils competed in hurdles, running races, athletics and sporty challenges including football and hockey dribbling at the all-day event on Wednesday (10).
The winners, even the parents, were awarded medals from headteacher Jas Leverton at a presentation.
PE co-ordinator Michael Tracey estimated that around 400 people turned up to watch the sports day.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “It had a real community feel to it and the weather was brilliant.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford