Spurs goalie Brad Friedel opens Chigwell school’s sports day
A Tottenham Hotspur goalie opened a school sports day and gave a talk about the importance of having ambition on Friday.
Brad Friedel launched the Coppice Primary School sports day and gave his top tips to the Chigwell school’s football team.
Headteacher, Jo Coton said: “Brad’s motivational speech inspired the children, staff and parents as he talked about the importance of having aspirations in life. He emphasised that hard work, dedication and commitment were key factors in his success.”
The football star gave his speech to students, parents and teachers on the packed football field.
Mrs Coton said: “Brad told the children that he used to also enjoy playing basketball and tennis and that before considering a career in football he wanted to be an architect!
You may also want to watch:
“It was a pleasure to hear him endorse the necessity of hard work and commitment that are synonymous with achievement.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 4 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Counsellor offers group therapy for fellow parents grieving loss of child
- 9 Community group founder calls for mandatory ethnic pay gap reporting
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford