Spurs goalie Brad Friedel opens Chigwell school’s sports day
A Tottenham Hotspur goalie opened a school sports day and gave a talk about the importance of having ambition on Friday.
Brad Friedel launched the Coppice Primary School sports day and gave his top tips to the Chigwell school’s football team.
Headteacher, Jo Coton said: “Brad’s motivational speech inspired the children, staff and parents as he talked about the importance of having aspirations in life. He emphasised that hard work, dedication and commitment were key factors in his success.”
The football star gave his speech to students, parents and teachers on the packed football field.
Mrs Coton said: “Brad told the children that he used to also enjoy playing basketball and tennis and that before considering a career in football he wanted to be an architect!
You may also want to watch:
“It was a pleasure to hear him endorse the necessity of hard work and commitment that are synonymous with achievement.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 10 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman