South Woodford doctor promotes life-saving skills
A chance to learn life saving skills will be given at a mosque in South Woodford on Sunday.
Participants will be taught how to react in the seconds after someone collapses and when CPR should be given or when the recovery position should be used.
The session will be lead by Dr Subohi Alam, 37, from South Woodford.
Mrs Alam said: “In Islam we believe that if you save one life you save all of mankind. It’s something practical which everyone can learn and it will make so much difference.”
The sessions are held about three times a year.
You may also want to watch:
The session will be held at the South Woodford Community Centre, Mulberry Way. for more information email email@example.com.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence