South Woodford doctor promotes life-saving skills
A chance to learn life saving skills will be given at a mosque in South Woodford on Sunday.
Participants will be taught how to react in the seconds after someone collapses and when CPR should be given or when the recovery position should be used.
The session will be lead by Dr Subohi Alam, 37, from South Woodford.
Mrs Alam said: “In Islam we believe that if you save one life you save all of mankind. It’s something practical which everyone can learn and it will make so much difference.”
The sessions are held about three times a year.
You may also want to watch:
The session will be held at the South Woodford Community Centre, Mulberry Way. for more information email email@example.com.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses