South Woodford doctor promotes life-saving skills
A chance to learn life saving skills will be given at a mosque in South Woodford on Sunday.
Participants will be taught how to react in the seconds after someone collapses and when CPR should be given or when the recovery position should be used.
The session will be lead by Dr Subohi Alam, 37, from South Woodford.
Mrs Alam said: “In Islam we believe that if you save one life you save all of mankind. It’s something practical which everyone can learn and it will make so much difference.”
The sessions are held about three times a year.
You may also want to watch:
The session will be held at the South Woodford Community Centre, Mulberry Way. for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'