Singing duo who met at Redbridge College through to regional finals after Stevie Wonder tribute
Two budding singing sensations have made it though to the regional finals of a national music competition.
Leona Doughty and Darren Boakye-Adjei wowed judges at the east London audition with their rendition of Stevie Wonder’s Isn’t She Lovely.
The duo met at Redbridge College, Barley Lane Little Heath, where they study music together.
Vocalist Leona, 18, said: “I got more and more in to the performance as it went on. When we got through it was like an X Factor moment – I really felt as if we had achieved something and that anything was now possible.”
They will next have to put their skills to the test on October 14 at the regional finals of Open Mic UK in front of professional judges and a live audience.
You may also want to watch:
Guitarist Darren, 20, said: “I was so nervous beforehand but we believed that we could work well together and impress the judges.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Waste reduction campaign launches with Redbridge fifth largest rubbish producer in England
- 4 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 5 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 8 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 9 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap