Singing duo who met at Redbridge College through to regional finals after Stevie Wonder tribute
Two budding singing sensations have made it though to the regional finals of a national music competition.
Leona Doughty and Darren Boakye-Adjei wowed judges at the east London audition with their rendition of Stevie Wonder’s Isn’t She Lovely.
The duo met at Redbridge College, Barley Lane Little Heath, where they study music together.
Vocalist Leona, 18, said: “I got more and more in to the performance as it went on. When we got through it was like an X Factor moment – I really felt as if we had achieved something and that anything was now possible.”
They will next have to put their skills to the test on October 14 at the regional finals of Open Mic UK in front of professional judges and a live audience.
You may also want to watch:
Guitarist Darren, 20, said: “I was so nervous beforehand but we believed that we could work well together and impress the judges.”
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 3 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 4 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 5 Young Citizen nominee: Esha, 4, who inspired thousands to join bone marrow donor list
- 6 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 7 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 10 Police warn of 'violence, urination' as takeaway applies for late licence