Singing duo who met at Redbridge College through to regional finals after Stevie Wonder tribute
Two budding singing sensations have made it though to the regional finals of a national music competition.
Leona Doughty and Darren Boakye-Adjei wowed judges at the east London audition with their rendition of Stevie Wonder’s Isn’t She Lovely.
The duo met at Redbridge College, Barley Lane Little Heath, where they study music together.
Vocalist Leona, 18, said: “I got more and more in to the performance as it went on. When we got through it was like an X Factor moment – I really felt as if we had achieved something and that anything was now possible.”
They will next have to put their skills to the test on October 14 at the regional finals of Open Mic UK in front of professional judges and a live audience.
You may also want to watch:
Guitarist Darren, 20, said: “I was so nervous beforehand but we believed that we could work well together and impress the judges.”
- 1 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 2 Former Homebase development plans approved
- 3 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 4 Water company apologises for phone line waits as flood response branded 'woefully inadequate'
- 5 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 6 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 7 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 8 Mum plans to use Raine's Foundation site for new East Park church school
- 9 Tributes paid to Seven Kings activist who 'always fought injustice'
- 10 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead