Singing duo who met at Redbridge College through to regional finals after Stevie Wonder tribute
Two budding singing sensations have made it though to the regional finals of a national music competition.
Leona Doughty and Darren Boakye-Adjei wowed judges at the east London audition with their rendition of Stevie Wonder’s Isn’t She Lovely.
The duo met at Redbridge College, Barley Lane Little Heath, where they study music together.
Vocalist Leona, 18, said: “I got more and more in to the performance as it went on. When we got through it was like an X Factor moment – I really felt as if we had achieved something and that anything was now possible.”
They will next have to put their skills to the test on October 14 at the regional finals of Open Mic UK in front of professional judges and a live audience.
You may also want to watch:
Guitarist Darren, 20, said: “I was so nervous beforehand but we believed that we could work well together and impress the judges.”
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 6 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 7 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 8 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence