Schools exhibition in Chigwell draws on 200 pupils’ artistic talents
- Credit: Archant
Artwork by 200 pupils from Redbridge and beyond is being showcased this month.
The art from 20 independent primary schools will be on display at Chigwell School, in High Road, until Friday, March 22.
Pupils at St Aubyn’s School, in Bunces Lane, Woodford Green, Forest Preparatory School, in College Place, Snaresbrook, and Woodford Green Preparatory School, in Glengall Road, have all submitted work.
Budding artists and their families attended a special preview last week.
Claire Tilbrook, head of junior art, design and technology, said: “It was delightful to see the joy on the artists’ faces.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a fantastic response this year, with more than 20 schools submitting work.”
Next year, the age range for the exhibition will widen from seven to 13-year-olds to include younger children aged four and over.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 4 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 5 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 6 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 7 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses
- 8 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 9 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 10 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
The exhibition is open to the public on weekdays from 9am-5.30pm.