Schools exhibition in Chigwell draws on 200 pupils’ artistic talents
- Credit: Archant
Artwork by 200 pupils from Redbridge and beyond is being showcased this month.
The art from 20 independent primary schools will be on display at Chigwell School, in High Road, until Friday, March 22.
Pupils at St Aubyn’s School, in Bunces Lane, Woodford Green, Forest Preparatory School, in College Place, Snaresbrook, and Woodford Green Preparatory School, in Glengall Road, have all submitted work.
Budding artists and their families attended a special preview last week.
Claire Tilbrook, head of junior art, design and technology, said: “It was delightful to see the joy on the artists’ faces.
“We had a fantastic response this year, with more than 20 schools submitting work.”
Next year, the age range for the exhibition will widen from seven to 13-year-olds to include younger children aged four and over.
- 1 Air ambulance lands after man stabbed in South Woodford
- 2 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Valentines Park
- 3 Homes under the Planner: Applications approved or refused in Redbridge
- 4 Man denies committing GBH during alleged robbery at Barkingside Tesco
- 5 Guilty: Hainault man admits traffic light stabbing
- 6 Teen found guilty of robbing boy, 12, in Romford while carrying knife
- 7 Most wanted: 7 people sought in connection with 11 robberies across London
- 8 Goodmayes fatal stabbing: Double murder trial set to open
- 9 How many Covid patients are in hospital in east London this week?
- 10 Second Redbridge care home struck by fire caused by discarded cigarettes
The exhibition is open to the public on weekdays from 9am-5.30pm.