Schoolgirls greet gymnast and Strictly winner Louis Smith with screams during visit to Woodford Green
- Credit: Archant
The screams could be heard from beyond the school gates when Olympic gymnast and Strictly Come Dancing winner Louis Smith visited Woodford Green yesterday.
The 23-year-old, who has one silver and two bronze Olympic medals to his name for his gymnastic feats, visited Woodford County High School for Girls in High Road.
The visit was arranged by pupil Sabah Mohammed, who was elected as a deputy member of the Youth Parliament earlier this year.
Louis, who won TV dance contest Strictly last year, spoke to students and had a look around the school, including its sports hall.
And his arrival didn’t go unnoticed.
Rosie Quinlan tweeted: “Can tell Louis Smith has just arrived at woodford county... I can hear the girls screaming from here.” Natasha Man tweeted Louis: “Thank you for coming & seeing you in person... wonderful inspirational speech.”
Louis won a bronze individual medal at the Beijing Games, and a bronze team medal and silver individual medal at the London Games last year.
- 1 Search continues for man who fled scene of Loxford stabbing
- 2 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 3 Events held to mark Ilford Christmas lights switch-on
- 4 No more strikes planned at school but dispute resolution unclear
- 5 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 6 Missing man seen on Chigwell Road found 'safe and well'
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 Redbridge Council is watching you: Mobile CCTV vehicle set to tackle crime
- 9 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 10 Things to do in east London this weekend