Schoolgirls greet gymnast and Strictly winner Louis Smith with screams during visit to Woodford Green
- Credit: Archant
The screams could be heard from beyond the school gates when Olympic gymnast and Strictly Come Dancing winner Louis Smith visited Woodford Green yesterday.
The 23-year-old, who has one silver and two bronze Olympic medals to his name for his gymnastic feats, visited Woodford County High School for Girls in High Road.
The visit was arranged by pupil Sabah Mohammed, who was elected as a deputy member of the Youth Parliament earlier this year.
Louis, who won TV dance contest Strictly last year, spoke to students and had a look around the school, including its sports hall.
And his arrival didn’t go unnoticed.
You may also want to watch:
Rosie Quinlan tweeted: “Can tell Louis Smith has just arrived at woodford county... I can hear the girls screaming from here.” Natasha Man tweeted Louis: “Thank you for coming & seeing you in person... wonderful inspirational speech.”
Louis won a bronze individual medal at the Beijing Games, and a bronze team medal and silver individual medal at the London Games last year.
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 3 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 4 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 7 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 8 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 9 Covid 'past the peak' at Queen's and King George hospitals
- 10 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic