Schoolgirls greet gymnast and Strictly winner Louis Smith with screams during visit to Woodford Green
- Credit: Archant
The screams could be heard from beyond the school gates when Olympic gymnast and Strictly Come Dancing winner Louis Smith visited Woodford Green yesterday.
The 23-year-old, who has one silver and two bronze Olympic medals to his name for his gymnastic feats, visited Woodford County High School for Girls in High Road.
The visit was arranged by pupil Sabah Mohammed, who was elected as a deputy member of the Youth Parliament earlier this year.
Louis, who won TV dance contest Strictly last year, spoke to students and had a look around the school, including its sports hall.
And his arrival didn’t go unnoticed.
You may also want to watch:
Rosie Quinlan tweeted: “Can tell Louis Smith has just arrived at woodford county... I can hear the girls screaming from here.” Natasha Man tweeted Louis: “Thank you for coming & seeing you in person... wonderful inspirational speech.”
Louis won a bronze individual medal at the Beijing Games, and a bronze team medal and silver individual medal at the London Games last year.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 4 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 7 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 8 Mosque director: Ilford egg attack highlights Islamophobia Muslims face
- 9 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 10 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green