Roding Primary School headteacher sacked for undisclosed reasons
The headteacher of a Woodford Green primary school has been sacked for unknown reasons after a five month absence.
Graham Alderton “will not be returning” to Roding Primary School, in Roding Lane North, according to a Redbridge Council spokesman.
The council would not give a reason for Mr Alderton’s dismissal and parents were originally told he was absent for “personal reasons”.
Jas Leverton, the head of Cranbrook Primary School, has been appointed as an interim executive headteacher until a permanenet replacement is found.
The news comes after the revelation that Mark Mahoney, headteacher of Winston Way Primary School in Ilford, is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Parents were also initially told he was absent for personal reasons but it is not known if he will return to the post.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after elderly woman dies in Clayhall
- 2 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 3 Redbridge pubs gear up for outdoor opening
- 4 Criticism of 'comedy of errors' consultation for Wanstead flat extension plans
- 5 South Woodford restaurant owner excited for return of diners
- 6 Pictures: Remembering Prince Philip's visits to east London
- 7 Man in hospital after being slashed multiple times in Wanstead
- 8 Three arrests after cannabis raids in Dagenham and South Woodford
- 9 Prince Philip death: Redbridge pays tribute to Duke of Edinburgh
- 10 Jailed: Seven Kings man gets 14 years for hammer attack