Roding Primary School headteacher sacked for undisclosed reasons
The headteacher of a Woodford Green primary school has been sacked for unknown reasons after a five month absence.
Graham Alderton “will not be returning” to Roding Primary School, in Roding Lane North, according to a Redbridge Council spokesman.
The council would not give a reason for Mr Alderton’s dismissal and parents were originally told he was absent for “personal reasons”.
Jas Leverton, the head of Cranbrook Primary School, has been appointed as an interim executive headteacher until a permanenet replacement is found.
The news comes after the revelation that Mark Mahoney, headteacher of Winston Way Primary School in Ilford, is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Parents were also initially told he was absent for personal reasons but it is not known if he will return to the post.
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 'Uproar' at decision to fell protected oak tree in Hainault
- 4 Inquest: Newham driver died of 'misadventure' after Redbridge police chase
- 5 Woodford Green and Forest Gate residents criticise councils over flooding
- 6 Barts Trust ends major incident but situation 'critical' at Whipps Cross
- 7 Cycling access extended at Wanstead Park
- 8 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 9 Oxford student bids to improve top university access for state school pupils
- 10 Former Woodford Police Station could become office space