Roding Primary School headteacher sacked for undisclosed reasons
The headteacher of a Woodford Green primary school has been sacked for unknown reasons after a five month absence.
Graham Alderton “will not be returning” to Roding Primary School, in Roding Lane North, according to a Redbridge Council spokesman.
The council would not give a reason for Mr Alderton’s dismissal and parents were originally told he was absent for “personal reasons”.
Jas Leverton, the head of Cranbrook Primary School, has been appointed as an interim executive headteacher until a permanenet replacement is found.
The news comes after the revelation that Mark Mahoney, headteacher of Winston Way Primary School in Ilford, is under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Parents were also initially told he was absent for personal reasons but it is not known if he will return to the post.
- 1 East London police officer charged with rape
- 2 Teen dies after being stabbed in reported fight on Loxford street
- 3 Man taken to 'trauma centre' after head injury at Hainault station
- 4 ‘Game-changing’ kebab chain to open Barkingside branch
- 5 Murder investigation launched after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 8 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
- 9 Man charged in connection with alleged police car ramming in Ilford
- 10 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation