Redbridge students get virtual tour of Parliament and question MP
- Credit: PA/Tom Barnes
Redbridge students took a virtual tour of the Houses of Parliament and grilled MP Wes Streeting during a workshop.
Students from Caterham and Oaks Park High School learned the history of Parliament, the House of Lords, what MPs do and how laws are made during the Parliament Diversity Day held on January 21.
The workshop was followed by a live question and answer session with the MP for Ilford North.
Students questioned Mr Streeting over how MPs have supported their constituents during the pandemic and the impact of Brexit.
A 13-year-old student from Caterham said she learned a lot and it made her much more interested about how democracy and politics works and impacts our lives.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Streeting said he was delighted to get a virtual visit from the budding politicians particularly since Covid has made school visits so difficult in the last year.
He said: "The students demonstrated an impressive understanding on so many issues like Brexit, schools and the pandemic and asked me some challenging questions."
- 1 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 2 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 3 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 4 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 5 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 6 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 7 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 8 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath