Redbridge schoolchildren rehearsing ahead of tonight’s Royal Albert Hall choral festival
Redbridge schoolchildren are going through their final paces this afternoon ahead of their big night at the Royal Albert Hall.
More than 1,800 schoolchildren from across the borough are practising for the Redbridge Schools’ Choral Festival at the prestigious South Kensington venue.
They will wow proud parents and music fans with performances of musical numbers, rock hits and specially commissioned pieces accompanied by Redbridge Music School symphony orchestra.
Primary and secondary pupils have been running through songs including Any Dream Will Do, and a medley of songs by Queen.
Children will pack the seats around a full orchestra and choir and join in the singing in tonight’s performance.
You may also want to watch:
The biennial festival is set to provide them with a life-long memory.
Pieces have been written by Chris Wilcox of the Redbridge Music Service for tonight’s show which starts at 7pm.
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
Judging by the rehearsals, expect a few surprises as well.