Redbridge schoolchildren rehearsing ahead of tonight’s Royal Albert Hall choral festival
Redbridge schoolchildren are going through their final paces this afternoon ahead of their big night at the Royal Albert Hall.
More than 1,800 schoolchildren from across the borough are practising for the Redbridge Schools’ Choral Festival at the prestigious South Kensington venue.
They will wow proud parents and music fans with performances of musical numbers, rock hits and specially commissioned pieces accompanied by Redbridge Music School symphony orchestra.
Primary and secondary pupils have been running through songs including Any Dream Will Do, and a medley of songs by Queen.
Children will pack the seats around a full orchestra and choir and join in the singing in tonight’s performance.
You may also want to watch:
The biennial festival is set to provide them with a life-long memory.
Pieces have been written by Chris Wilcox of the Redbridge Music Service for tonight’s show which starts at 7pm.
- 1 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 2 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 7 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 8 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
Judging by the rehearsals, expect a few surprises as well.