Redbridge’s finest young musicians showcase talents in annual concert
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge’s finest young musicians performed classics and jazz to a capacity crowd at an annual concert.
The Redbridge Music School’s orchestras, ensembles and bands showcased their diverse range of instruments and styles earlier this month.
Everything from Bach to tunes from jazz composer Glen Miller was played in the concert at Redbridge Town Hall.
Redbridge Music Society member Peter Arben said: “There was a great buzz in the hall for the whole evening and the standard of playing was once again exceptionally high.”
The annual concert is held by the society as part of a musical appreciation development scheme for young musicians.
It is one of around 50 events a year, including pupil concerts at the John Savage Centre to the biennial Redbridge Schools Choral Festival at the Royal Albert Hall in March.
- 1 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 2 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 3 Mercato Metropolitano to host taster market in Ilford
- 4 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 5 Festivities planned to mark Ilford's Christmas lights switch-on
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 Thief threatened woman with bottle at Ilford High Road Sainsbury's Local
- 8 Two more men charged with murder after fatal stabbing of teen in Loxford
- 9 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 10 Trial of trio accused of Loxford killing set for January