Redbridge’s finest young musicians showcase talents in annual concert
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge’s finest young musicians performed classics and jazz to a capacity crowd at an annual concert.
The Redbridge Music School’s orchestras, ensembles and bands showcased their diverse range of instruments and styles earlier this month.
Everything from Bach to tunes from jazz composer Glen Miller was played in the concert at Redbridge Town Hall.
Redbridge Music Society member Peter Arben said: “There was a great buzz in the hall for the whole evening and the standard of playing was once again exceptionally high.”
The annual concert is held by the society as part of a musical appreciation development scheme for young musicians.
You may also want to watch:
It is one of around 50 events a year, including pupil concerts at the John Savage Centre to the biennial Redbridge Schools Choral Festival at the Royal Albert Hall in March.
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms