Redbridge’s finest young musicians showcase talents in annual concert
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge’s finest young musicians performed classics and jazz to a capacity crowd at an annual concert.
The Redbridge Music School’s orchestras, ensembles and bands showcased their diverse range of instruments and styles earlier this month.
Everything from Bach to tunes from jazz composer Glen Miller was played in the concert at Redbridge Town Hall.
Redbridge Music Society member Peter Arben said: “There was a great buzz in the hall for the whole evening and the standard of playing was once again exceptionally high.”
The annual concert is held by the society as part of a musical appreciation development scheme for young musicians.
You may also want to watch:
It is one of around 50 events a year, including pupil concerts at the John Savage Centre to the biennial Redbridge Schools Choral Festival at the Royal Albert Hall in March.
- 1 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 2 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 3 'A race against time' - 18,000 people in Redbridge have received Covid jab
- 4 Little Gearies development plans pass following hours of discussion over Barkingside estate
- 5 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Political fight as council shifts money away from opposition party
- 9 Need for Frenford Foodbank won't end when pandemic does, say volunteers
- 10 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences