Redbridge’s finest young musicians showcase talents in annual concert
- Credit: Archant
Redbridge’s finest young musicians performed classics and jazz to a capacity crowd at an annual concert.
The Redbridge Music School’s orchestras, ensembles and bands showcased their diverse range of instruments and styles earlier this month.
Everything from Bach to tunes from jazz composer Glen Miller was played in the concert at Redbridge Town Hall.
Redbridge Music Society member Peter Arben said: “There was a great buzz in the hall for the whole evening and the standard of playing was once again exceptionally high.”
The annual concert is held by the society as part of a musical appreciation development scheme for young musicians.
You may also want to watch:
It is one of around 50 events a year, including pupil concerts at the John Savage Centre to the biennial Redbridge Schools Choral Festival at the Royal Albert Hall in March.
- 1 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 2 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 3 Ilford business owners adjust to new world on reopening
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
- 6 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 7 Attempted murder arrest after woman seriously injured in Barkingside
- 8 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 9 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 10 Temporary post office to open in South Woodford