Redbridge pupils show racism the red card at Daggers FC
- Credit: Redbridge Council
More than 60 pupils took part in a special ‘Show Racism the Red Card’ event at Dagenham and Redbridge FC last week.
The children from Churchfields Junior School in Churchfields, South Woodford teamed up with Daggers’ players Ashley Chambers and Ashley Hemmings to raise awareness about the negative impact of bullying and discrimination.
Pupils also took part in a Question Time style panel session where they asked panel members about their personal experiences and views of bullying.
The players along with Redbridge council representatives David Landau and John Ward including Lindsay England from Just a Ball Game and Matthew Walters from Redbridge Rainbow Community formed the panel.
The youngsters then received a guided tour of the football ground and were able to get a few signatures for their autograph books.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Jas Athwal, leader of Redbridge Council said: “Show Racism the Red Card carries out fantastic work to tackle prejudice and we were happy to once again be involved in this event and support their work.”
- 1 95pc of children get place at first or second choice primary school
- 2 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 3 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 4 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 5 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 6 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 10 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home