Redbridge pupils show racism the red card at Dagenham & Redbridge FC
Schoolchildren from Redbridge showed racism the red card when they visited a football league club on Thursday.
Over 100 pupils from Chadwell, Goodmayes, John Bramston, Fullwood and Ilford Jewish primary schools got the chance to meet and hear from former Watford legend and ex-England international footballer Luther Blissett.
He joined Redbridge Council leader Keith Prince on a “Question Time” panel to discuss racism at Dagenham & Redbridge’s home ground.
Daggers players Sam Williams, Kevin Maher and Exodus Geoghagon also shared their views and pupils took part in workshops.
The event was organised by the Show Racism The Red Card team, the council’s childrens services and the Roma Support Club.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Prince said: “I was impressed by the pupils’ challenging questions and the positive impact the event and workshops clearly made on them.”
- 1 Man dies after fall near Hainault station
- 2 Driver dies after Ilford shopfront crash
- 3 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 4 Driver in critical condition after Ilford shop crash
- 5 Fireaway pizza branch to open in South Woodford
- 6 Man rushed to hospital after being robbed and stabbed in Ilford
- 7 Teenager charged over Sven Badzak death in Kilburn
- 8 Hospital left dying 103-year-old veteran without food, inquest hears
- 9 Jailed: ‘Opportunistic predator’ who kidnapped and raped woman
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals