Redbridge pupils show racism the red card at Dagenham & Redbridge FC
Schoolchildren from Redbridge showed racism the red card when they visited a football league club on Thursday.
Over 100 pupils from Chadwell, Goodmayes, John Bramston, Fullwood and Ilford Jewish primary schools got the chance to meet and hear from former Watford legend and ex-England international footballer Luther Blissett.
He joined Redbridge Council leader Keith Prince on a “Question Time” panel to discuss racism at Dagenham & Redbridge’s home ground.
Daggers players Sam Williams, Kevin Maher and Exodus Geoghagon also shared their views and pupils took part in workshops.
The event was organised by the Show Racism The Red Card team, the council’s childrens services and the Roma Support Club.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Prince said: “I was impressed by the pupils’ challenging questions and the positive impact the event and workshops clearly made on them.”
- 1 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 2 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 3 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 4 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 7 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 8 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 9 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 10 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council