Redbridge pupils show racism the red card at Dagenham & Redbridge FC
Schoolchildren from Redbridge showed racism the red card when they visited a football league club on Thursday.
Over 100 pupils from Chadwell, Goodmayes, John Bramston, Fullwood and Ilford Jewish primary schools got the chance to meet and hear from former Watford legend and ex-England international footballer Luther Blissett.
He joined Redbridge Council leader Keith Prince on a “Question Time” panel to discuss racism at Dagenham & Redbridge’s home ground.
Daggers players Sam Williams, Kevin Maher and Exodus Geoghagon also shared their views and pupils took part in workshops.
The event was organised by the Show Racism The Red Card team, the council’s childrens services and the Roma Support Club.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Prince said: “I was impressed by the pupils’ challenging questions and the positive impact the event and workshops clearly made on them.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 4 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 7 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap