Redbridge headteacher leaves on a high note after 18 years
- Credit: Archant
The end of an era for Newbridge School arrived last week when its headteacher left after 18 years.
Peter Bouldstridge, 59, said he enjoyed working with the staff and pupils the most and will miss seeing the school develop.
“It’s as simple as that,” he said.
The special needs school for two to 19 year-olds is split across two campuses, Barley Lane in Goodmayes and Gresham Drive in Chadwell Heath.
Mr Bouldstridge was formerly at the Ethel Davis School before it merged with Hyleford School to become Newbridge School in 2005.
Mr Bouldstridge, who had a string of farewell parties in the weeks running up to his departure, said: “It’s been quite a protracted leaving, but very enjoyable and flattering.”
Newbridge School is also celebrating after receiving an overall ‘outstanding’ Ofsted report following an inspection earlier this month.
- 1 Two people arrested following Ilford drugs lab bust
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Boy, 2, injured after 'dog attack' at funfair
- 4 RideLondon 2022: East and central London roads among 100 miles of closures
- 5 Update: Sixth arrest following killing of Michael Ugwa
- 6 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 7 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in east London
- 10 Commission ends safeguarding probe into charity
“This is fantastic news,” said Mr Bouldstridge.
“We were rated as outstanding after our last inspection in July 2010 and have been judged to have improved even more since then.
“It really is a fitting tribute to the hard work of everyone involved in the work of the school.
“It is great to end the school year on such a high note.”
Mr Bouldstridge will begin a part time position with Redbridge Council’s special needs department in September.
Louise Parr, who has been appointed from within the school, will take up the headteacher’s position in September.