Redbridge headteacher leaves on a high note after 18 years
- Credit: Archant
The end of an era for Newbridge School arrived last week when its headteacher left after 18 years.
Peter Bouldstridge, 59, said he enjoyed working with the staff and pupils the most and will miss seeing the school develop.
“It’s as simple as that,” he said.
The special needs school for two to 19 year-olds is split across two campuses, Barley Lane in Goodmayes and Gresham Drive in Chadwell Heath.
Mr Bouldstridge was formerly at the Ethel Davis School before it merged with Hyleford School to become Newbridge School in 2005.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Bouldstridge, who had a string of farewell parties in the weeks running up to his departure, said: “It’s been quite a protracted leaving, but very enjoyable and flattering.”
Newbridge School is also celebrating after receiving an overall ‘outstanding’ Ofsted report following an inspection earlier this month.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 7 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 8 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 9 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
“This is fantastic news,” said Mr Bouldstridge.
“We were rated as outstanding after our last inspection in July 2010 and have been judged to have improved even more since then.
“It really is a fitting tribute to the hard work of everyone involved in the work of the school.
“It is great to end the school year on such a high note.”
Mr Bouldstridge will begin a part time position with Redbridge Council’s special needs department in September.
Louise Parr, who has been appointed from within the school, will take up the headteacher’s position in September.