Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- Credit: Vicky Taylor
A parent-led organisation, which is helping to support under-privileged families access remote learning, has donated six new laptops to a Clayhall primary school.
Redbridge for Education has been supporting parents throughout the pandemic through Zoom sessions, connecting families in need with information and support.
One of the main concerns parents have raised are families with insufficient devices to access the internet for remote learning.
Thanks to a generous donor, they were able to purchase six new laptops which they donated to Glade Primary School on Wednesday (January 20).
Organiser Vicky Taylor said: "We know the government has made promises but the need here in Redbridge is enormous.
You may also want to watch:
"We know there are people out there willing and able to help our community, we just need to join the dots so that their generosity can be passed on."
They have set up a fundraiser to raise £5,000 to provide as many laptops as possible.
- 1 First residents move in to new council homes in Hainault
- 2 Ilford murder investigation launched after woman dies of injuries
- 3 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 4 Chigwell rabbi hospitalised after 'unprovoked and cowardly attack'
- 5 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 6 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 9 Sam Tarry MP: 'My focus is on job creation in Ilford'
- 10 Wes Streeting MP reveals cancer diagnosis