Redbridge parents' group donates six new laptops to families in need
- Credit: Vicky Taylor
A parent-led organisation, which is helping to support under-privileged families access remote learning, has donated six new laptops to a Clayhall primary school.
Redbridge for Education has been supporting parents throughout the pandemic through Zoom sessions, connecting families in need with information and support.
One of the main concerns parents have raised are families with insufficient devices to access the internet for remote learning.
Thanks to a generous donor, they were able to purchase six new laptops which they donated to Glade Primary School on Wednesday (January 20).
Organiser Vicky Taylor said: "We know the government has made promises but the need here in Redbridge is enormous.
You may also want to watch:
"We know there are people out there willing and able to help our community, we just need to join the dots so that their generosity can be passed on."
They have set up a fundraiser to raise £5,000 to provide as many laptops as possible.
- 1 Police appeal to find girl, 12, last seen in Wanstead Park
- 2 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 3 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 5 East London road and rail disruptions to travel this weekend
- 6 Walk-in Covid vaccinations on offer at Valentines Park health fair
- 7 Ilford mother 'could have been saved' and NHS 'failed' her, family tells inquest
- 8 Man wanted for allegedly driving 'recklessly' in Ilford with baby in car
- 9 Update: Man charged in connection with alleged sex assault
- 10 Plans for retail park development move step closer