Redbridge Council gives Al-Noor Primary School move green light
- Credit: Archant
A charity running a Muslim school is set to expand after it was granted permission to relocate to an industrial site.
The Al-Noor Foundation, which runs Al-Noor Independent Primary School, Green Lane, Goodmayes, will be relocating the school to the Newton Industrial Estate, Eastern Avenue, Chadwell Heath after it purchased the site for £4.4million last year.
The move means the Green Lane building can be demolished and rebuilt with “state-of-the-art” facilities, adding more than 400 more places in the process.
Al-Noor says it will work on preparing the Newton Industrial Estate over the coming months for the relocation of the primary school, with the site expected to be ready for the new academic year in September.
Charity trustee Sadiq Kothia said: “We are delighted to have received planning permission to relocate our primary school.
You may also want to watch:
“Not only will this result in the regeneration of the Newton Industrial Estate and its surrounding area, but also free up Al-Noor’s primary school site and adjacent land to build a brand new school providing 420 much needed school places.
“We would like to thank the local authority and the community for their continued support.”
- 1 Owner who posted video of his restaurant defying Covid rules loses licence
- 2 Ilford man raises awareness of 'life-saving' gadget after dad's death
- 3 South Woodford post office to close in the spring
- 4 Fire breaks out at care home under renovation in Newbury Park
- 5 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Wanstead?
- 6 South Woodford flat 'has parties several times a week during lockdown'
- 7 Woman had phone stolen at knife-point in Woodford Green
- 8 Plans for 66ft 5G mast in Goodmayes alarms residents
- 9 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence