Redbridge Council gives Al-Noor Primary School move green light
- Credit: Archant
A charity running a Muslim school is set to expand after it was granted permission to relocate to an industrial site.
The Al-Noor Foundation, which runs Al-Noor Independent Primary School, Green Lane, Goodmayes, will be relocating the school to the Newton Industrial Estate, Eastern Avenue, Chadwell Heath after it purchased the site for £4.4million last year.
The move means the Green Lane building can be demolished and rebuilt with “state-of-the-art” facilities, adding more than 400 more places in the process.
Al-Noor says it will work on preparing the Newton Industrial Estate over the coming months for the relocation of the primary school, with the site expected to be ready for the new academic year in September.
Charity trustee Sadiq Kothia said: “We are delighted to have received planning permission to relocate our primary school.
“Not only will this result in the regeneration of the Newton Industrial Estate and its surrounding area, but also free up Al-Noor’s primary school site and adjacent land to build a brand new school providing 420 much needed school places.
“We would like to thank the local authority and the community for their continued support.”
- 1 Covid survivor, 16, urges people to get jabbed after months in hospital
- 2 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Fairlop Waters car park to transform into ice-rink for Christmas
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Nine rescue pets looking for homes this Christmas in east London
- 7 All under 40s to be offered Covid booster jab
- 8 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant
- 9 Call for witnesses after man, 54, dies following Eastern Avenue collision
- 10 Long-life food, foil and credit: Readers' tips for saving money this winter