Redbridge Council gives Al-Noor Primary School move green light
- Credit: Archant
A charity running a Muslim school is set to expand after it was granted permission to relocate to an industrial site.
The Al-Noor Foundation, which runs Al-Noor Independent Primary School, Green Lane, Goodmayes, will be relocating the school to the Newton Industrial Estate, Eastern Avenue, Chadwell Heath after it purchased the site for £4.4million last year.
The move means the Green Lane building can be demolished and rebuilt with “state-of-the-art” facilities, adding more than 400 more places in the process.
Al-Noor says it will work on preparing the Newton Industrial Estate over the coming months for the relocation of the primary school, with the site expected to be ready for the new academic year in September.
Charity trustee Sadiq Kothia said: “We are delighted to have received planning permission to relocate our primary school.
You may also want to watch:
“Not only will this result in the regeneration of the Newton Industrial Estate and its surrounding area, but also free up Al-Noor’s primary school site and adjacent land to build a brand new school providing 420 much needed school places.
“We would like to thank the local authority and the community for their continued support.”
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital after Gants Hill house fire
- 2 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 3 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 4 Care home resident died after choking on sandwich, inquest hears
- 5 Four further arrests in connection with Sven Badzak stabbing
- 6 Meeting ex-banker London mayoral candidate Brian Rose
- 7 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 8 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford