Redbridge school shortlisted for national award
- Credit: Beacon Multi-Academy Trust
The Beacon Business Innovation Hub has been shortlisted for an award as one of the best alternative provision schools in the country.
The Redbridge school, which is part of the Beacon Multi-Academy Trust, is among eight on the shortlist for the alternative provision school of the year at the TES Schools Awards.
If the school wins in its category, it will be entered into the overall school of the year award.
Principal Trevor Button said it was an amazing achievement in a challenging but rewarding year which saw the school receive a Good Ofsted report.
He added: "Throughout lockdown, our staff continued to provide outstanding support for all of our vulnerable learners.
"The nomination is a reflection of the commitment and hard work of all our staff and students as well as the continued support of our trust and our family of schools."
The winners will be announced in a virtual ceremony on Friday, June 25.
- 1 Men jailed for using explosives in string of ATM thefts
- 2 Driver charged in connection with fatal collision on M11 due in court
- 3 Ex football boss sets up fans club to increase diversity at England games
- 4 South Woodford care home loses Good CQC rating
- 5 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 6 Senior councillor: Boost high streets by scrapping business rates
- 7 Bus timetable change to 'better align' with hospital shifts
- 8 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 9 Rat-running lorry drivers in Redbridge face fines of up to £130
- 10 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham