Queen show We Will Rock You comes to life on Woodford Green stage
Star performers at a Woodford Green school brought the Queen musical We Will Rock You to life while giving primary school pupils a fun taste of secondary life.
A cast at Woodbridge High School in St Barnabas Road put on three packed evening performances of the hit musical last week.
And on Thursday, the school welcomed about 210 pupils from Churchfields Junior School, Churchfields, South Woodford, and Oakdale Junior School, Oakdale Road, South Woodford, for a special matinee show.
Woodbridge assistant headteacher Jeremy Clifton said: “We like to invite them up so they can enjoy being at a secondary school.
“They really enjoyed it and it was a pleasure to be there.
You may also want to watch:
“Collectively we got through about 800 people in the audience during the week.”
The school has an annual tradition of putting on versions of West End shows and popular entertainment, with productions of Hairspray and High School Musical previously.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
With 45 students in the cast, year 10 pupil Jack Dolby took the lead male role of Galileo Figaro alongside his love interest Scaramouche, played by Year 12 pupil Laura Weller.