Popular children’s author Jean Ure shares secrets with Woodford Green pupils
The prolific author of more than 170 children’s books inspired pupils in Woodford Green with a visit yesterday.
Jean Ure, who has penned kids’ favourites including Love and Kisses, Fortune Cookie and the Frankie Foster series of books, shared her expertise with students at Bancroft’s School in High Road.
In a talk for year 7 pupils, she divulged some secrets of her writing talent and talked about two books in particular, Ice Lolly and Star Crazy Me.
She was enthusiastically quizzed by the children during a Q&A session and signed copies of both books for pupils as well.
Librarian Kate Squire said that, along with Jacqueline Wilson, Jean is one of the most read authors at the school with about 15 titles in the library.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “[Jean] talked about how she takes people she meets and interesting situations and looks at it as an idea for a book.
“The children had lots of questions for her.”
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 6 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap