Popular children’s author Jean Ure shares secrets with Woodford Green pupils
The prolific author of more than 170 children’s books inspired pupils in Woodford Green with a visit yesterday.
Jean Ure, who has penned kids’ favourites including Love and Kisses, Fortune Cookie and the Frankie Foster series of books, shared her expertise with students at Bancroft’s School in High Road.
In a talk for year 7 pupils, she divulged some secrets of her writing talent and talked about two books in particular, Ice Lolly and Star Crazy Me.
She was enthusiastically quizzed by the children during a Q&A session and signed copies of both books for pupils as well.
Librarian Kate Squire said that, along with Jacqueline Wilson, Jean is one of the most read authors at the school with about 15 titles in the library.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “[Jean] talked about how she takes people she meets and interesting situations and looks at it as an idea for a book.
“The children had lots of questions for her.”
- 1 Safeguarding concerns at 'outstanding' Atam Academy in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 3 Derelict pavilion in Goodmayes Park destroyed by fire
- 4 Have you seen this 17-year-old missing from Ilford?
- 5 Wanstead wine expert launches new shop
- 6 Welcome to Chadwell Heath Spartans, a true family football club
- 7 Growing public support for tougher pet theft sentences
- 8 Calls to extend school streets consultation
- 9 Royal Mail lists six Redbridge postcodes hit by Covid postal delays
- 10 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims