Popular children’s author Jean Ure shares secrets with Woodford Green pupils
The prolific author of more than 170 children’s books inspired pupils in Woodford Green with a visit yesterday.
Jean Ure, who has penned kids’ favourites including Love and Kisses, Fortune Cookie and the Frankie Foster series of books, shared her expertise with students at Bancroft’s School in High Road.
In a talk for year 7 pupils, she divulged some secrets of her writing talent and talked about two books in particular, Ice Lolly and Star Crazy Me.
She was enthusiastically quizzed by the children during a Q&A session and signed copies of both books for pupils as well.
Librarian Kate Squire said that, along with Jacqueline Wilson, Jean is one of the most read authors at the school with about 15 titles in the library.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “[Jean] talked about how she takes people she meets and interesting situations and looks at it as an idea for a book.
“The children had lots of questions for her.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 5 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 6 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 8 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 9 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 10 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking