Police siege in Woodford Green as man barricades himself on roof of flats
- Credit: Archant
A man has barricaded himself on a block of flats near a school causing a police siege.
Officers attended the three story building at The Roses, High Road, Woodford Green, at around 7.40am to make arrest enquiries.
A police spokesman said the man blocked the front of the property, preventing officers from entering the building before dashing upstairs.
“He went up on the roof where he is currently,” said the spokesman.
“Officers are talking to him.”
You may also want to watch:
An onlooker said: “He’s been on the roof crawling around.
“I saw some riot shields and there’s a helicopter circling.”
- 1 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 2 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms
A woman from Loughton, who was visiting her 94-year-old father said: “You never know what people will do, it’s a crazy world.”
The man has holed out next to St Aubyn’s School, in Bunces Lane.
It remained unclear what the police enquiries initially were.
A woman who wished to remained unnamed said: “I think they were there to evict him. Once they get him out he wont be going back.”
An elderly onlooker said: “People are crazy, they have more out than in. That’s why I like animals.”
More to follow.