Pictures: Busy Bees nursery’s busy birthday celebrations
- Credit: Michelle Johnson
Balloons, cakes, bubbles and face painting are the hallmarks of any child’s party.
The newly rebranded Busy Bees Nursery pulled out all the stops for their sweet 16 this month as they welcomed local families to join them in the celebrations.
It was an extra special day for nursery manager, Michelle Johnson, 43, who has been there since the first child came through their doors at King George’s Hospital on Barley Lane, Ilford, in 1998.
She said: “I can’t believe it has been 16 years since we opened.
“There have been literally hundreds of children we have cared for over this time and it’s just lovely when we care for one child and see their siblings a few years later.”
You may also want to watch:
Nursery cook, Margaret ‘Mags’ Lampard, third-in-charge Lynn Debenham, and supervisory nursery nurses Karina Rogers and Yvette MacDonald are also celebrating their sixteenth year with the nursery this summer.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 5 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 6 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
- 7 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 8 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 9 Ceiling panels collapse and operations cancelled at hospital after flooding
- 10 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted