Pictures: Busy Bees nursery’s busy birthday celebrations
- Credit: Michelle Johnson
Balloons, cakes, bubbles and face painting are the hallmarks of any child’s party.
The newly rebranded Busy Bees Nursery pulled out all the stops for their sweet 16 this month as they welcomed local families to join them in the celebrations.
It was an extra special day for nursery manager, Michelle Johnson, 43, who has been there since the first child came through their doors at King George’s Hospital on Barley Lane, Ilford, in 1998.
She said: “I can’t believe it has been 16 years since we opened.
“There have been literally hundreds of children we have cared for over this time and it’s just lovely when we care for one child and see their siblings a few years later.”
You may also want to watch:
Nursery cook, Margaret ‘Mags’ Lampard, third-in-charge Lynn Debenham, and supervisory nursery nurses Karina Rogers and Yvette MacDonald are also celebrating their sixteenth year with the nursery this summer.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Chigwell school puts pupils' baking skills to the test
- 5 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 6 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 7 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 8 'Scrapping Universal Credit uplift will lead to poverty', MP says
- 9 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 10 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence