Pictures: Busy Bees nursery’s busy birthday celebrations
- Credit: Michelle Johnson
Balloons, cakes, bubbles and face painting are the hallmarks of any child’s party.
The newly rebranded Busy Bees Nursery pulled out all the stops for their sweet 16 this month as they welcomed local families to join them in the celebrations.
It was an extra special day for nursery manager, Michelle Johnson, 43, who has been there since the first child came through their doors at King George’s Hospital on Barley Lane, Ilford, in 1998.
She said: “I can’t believe it has been 16 years since we opened.
“There have been literally hundreds of children we have cared for over this time and it’s just lovely when we care for one child and see their siblings a few years later.”
You may also want to watch:
Nursery cook, Margaret ‘Mags’ Lampard, third-in-charge Lynn Debenham, and supervisory nursery nurses Karina Rogers and Yvette MacDonald are also celebrating their sixteenth year with the nursery this summer.
- 1 Murder probe launched after mother-of-two’s body found in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Election 2021: Live updates for London Assembly, Loxford and Seven Kings
- 3 Woman's body found in Chadwell Heath
- 4 Man wanted in connection with dangerous driving incident in Newbury Park
- 5 Man stabbed in Goodmayes
- 6 Ilford mosque attendees attacked with eggs and stones
- 7 'No stone will be left unturned' to find killer of Maria Jane Rawlings
- 8 Police car flips over in Chadwell Heath collision
- 9 Detectives hunt for knifepoint phone robber in Woodford Green
- 10 Animals bite rubbish after wheelie bin delivery delay