Pictures: Busy Bees nursery’s busy birthday celebrations
- Credit: Michelle Johnson
Balloons, cakes, bubbles and face painting are the hallmarks of any child’s party.
The newly rebranded Busy Bees Nursery pulled out all the stops for their sweet 16 this month as they welcomed local families to join them in the celebrations.
It was an extra special day for nursery manager, Michelle Johnson, 43, who has been there since the first child came through their doors at King George’s Hospital on Barley Lane, Ilford, in 1998.
She said: “I can’t believe it has been 16 years since we opened.
“There have been literally hundreds of children we have cared for over this time and it’s just lovely when we care for one child and see their siblings a few years later.”
You may also want to watch:
Nursery cook, Margaret ‘Mags’ Lampard, third-in-charge Lynn Debenham, and supervisory nursery nurses Karina Rogers and Yvette MacDonald are also celebrating their sixteenth year with the nursery this summer.
- 1 Mercato Ilford 'delayed again' as council pushes for Christmas opening
- 2 'Not acceptable': Residents mount opposition to plumbers' building plan
- 3 ‘Hard to comprehend’: MPs react as Sir David Amess dies after stabbing
- 4 Cross-party group demands mayor reject Tesco Goodmayes development
- 5 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 6 'Sick and tired': More restaurants fall victim to Just Eat scammers
- 7 Two more police 'enforcement hubs' to open in Redbridge
- 8 Six cars damaged and lamppost felled in late-night Loxford crash
- 9 Chadwell Heath pharmacy to offer Covid-19 booster jabs with flu vaccine
- 10 Jailed: Men who laundered £25m from cash and carry warehouses