Redbridge Jack Petchey Awards winners 2019
- Credit: Archant
The pride of Redbridge gathered to be honoured again this year as the town hall hosted the Jack Petchey Foundation Awards, given to young people to celebrate their achievements.
All the winners are nominated by their schools and are a great example of the terrific young people in the borough and a role model for younger children to follow.
Their achievements range from overcoming disabilities and setbacks, to helping others and exceeding expectations.
Jack Petchey winners are young people who have gone above and beyond to achieve - perhaps when others thought they might fail.
The foundation was set up by Sir Jack to celebrate people like himself - someone who, as a young man, was told he would never amount to much. He started a car hire and sales business and built a multi-million pound empire.
You may also want to watch:
The awards aim to inspire young people to follow their dreams.
The Redbridge awards were presented by the mayor Cllr Zulfiqar Hussain, who said: "It was an amazing event recognising the wonderful achievement by the youngsters and their leaders. Keep up the good work. Very inspirational. I had a wonderful evening."
- 1 More than £5m worth of stolen vehicles recovered in first Redbridge Action Week
- 2 Cost of damage runs into thousands as Clayhall street clears up after floods
- 3 Engineering student wins place at Princeton University
- 4 Olympian-trained South Woodford sprinter, 8, breaks record in Manchester
- 5 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 6 Barkingside man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences
- 7 Redbridge clean-up underway after flash floods close A&E and damage homes
- 8 The Sikh Network on grieving in lockdown and death 'as a process of life'
- 9 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder