Parents’ fair boosts Woodford Green school’s Greek theatre fund
- Credit: Archant
A bucking bronco, wacky sunglasses and a brass band gave hundreds of revellers a reason to be cheerful on Sunday.
The Parents and Friends Association (PFA) of Woodford County High School, High Road, Woodford Green, staged a summer fair to raise money for the renovation of the school’s Greek theatre.
Around 400 people stepped out into the sunshine to enjoy the day.
Attractions included a laser-quest zone, tombola and a photobooth, along with a barbecue, Pimm’s tent and a cake stall.
The cakes were not the only stall that caught people’s eye, with jewellery, sand art, and scarf stalls proving particularly popular.
You may also want to watch:
Shashi Dattani, the chairman of the PFA, said: “The weather was really good which contributed to the day.
“The children loved all of the attractions on offer for them this time around, especially the attractions that haven’t been at the fair before.”
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 3 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 4 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 5 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 6 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff
- 7 Vulnerable woman dies burning charcoal for warmth after gas and electricity are cut off
- 8 Covid patient numbers rebound at Barts Health hospitals
- 9 New boats arrive at Fairlop Waters amid country park investment plan
- 10 Eatery 'at risk of closure' as scammers exploit Just Eat loophole