Parents’ fair boosts Woodford Green school’s Greek theatre fund
- Credit: Archant
A bucking bronco, wacky sunglasses and a brass band gave hundreds of revellers a reason to be cheerful on Sunday.
The Parents and Friends Association (PFA) of Woodford County High School, High Road, Woodford Green, staged a summer fair to raise money for the renovation of the school’s Greek theatre.
Around 400 people stepped out into the sunshine to enjoy the day.
Attractions included a laser-quest zone, tombola and a photobooth, along with a barbecue, Pimm’s tent and a cake stall.
The cakes were not the only stall that caught people’s eye, with jewellery, sand art, and scarf stalls proving particularly popular.
You may also want to watch:
Shashi Dattani, the chairman of the PFA, said: “The weather was really good which contributed to the day.
“The children loved all of the attractions on offer for them this time around, especially the attractions that haven’t been at the fair before.”
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 4 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 5 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 6 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Man dies in hospital after Gants Hill fire