Parents’ fair boosts Woodford Green school’s Greek theatre fund
- Credit: Archant
A bucking bronco, wacky sunglasses and a brass band gave hundreds of revellers a reason to be cheerful on Sunday.
The Parents and Friends Association (PFA) of Woodford County High School, High Road, Woodford Green, staged a summer fair to raise money for the renovation of the school’s Greek theatre.
Around 400 people stepped out into the sunshine to enjoy the day.
Attractions included a laser-quest zone, tombola and a photobooth, along with a barbecue, Pimm’s tent and a cake stall.
The cakes were not the only stall that caught people’s eye, with jewellery, sand art, and scarf stalls proving particularly popular.
You may also want to watch:
Shashi Dattani, the chairman of the PFA, said: “The weather was really good which contributed to the day.
“The children loved all of the attractions on offer for them this time around, especially the attractions that haven’t been at the fair before.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 4 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 5 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 6 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 7 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 8 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 9 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 10 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death