‘Panoramic views’ for Seven Kings pupils after multimillion pound expansion
Children are enjoying the “panoramic views” over the pond and playing fields after the multimillion pound expansion of a primary school.
Farnham Green Primary School, Royal Close, Seven Kings has an additional six classrooms, a kitchen, larger hall, ICT suit and offices.
Building work started in January last year for the expansion which cost about �3.5 million which was official opened on Friday.
Erica Quirk, headteacher, said: “I think the building is excellent and will expand learning opportunities for the children.”
The expansion will take the school’s capacity up to 630 from 420 excluding nursery children. Full capacity will not be reached for three years.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Quirk said: “The children think it’s great, they like the large hall and the older children enjoy the panoramic view from the upstairs which looks out over school pond and playing fields.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 3 Ilford care home turned into studio flats for rough sleepers
- 4 Ilford Town only place in London with average house price below £250,000
- 5 More than a thousand attend Eid in the Field in Woodford Green
- 6 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 7 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 10 Cannabis and rambo knife sniffed out by police dog in Gants Hill bust