Open Studios event ‘one of the most popular’ in Valentines Mansion’s calendar
A number of artists opened up their studios to the public on Sunday to give visitors a chance to view and discuss their most recent pieces of work.
More than 200 people attended the Open Studios event at Valentines Mansion and Gardens, Emerson Road, Ilford.
A spokesman for Valentines Mansion said: “As always, the Open Studios were well attended and it remains one of the most popular events in our calendar.
“The idea is to showcase local talent and promote art in its diverse forms around the borough and beyond and to inspire people to get involved.”
Visitors got to see the artists at work, creating pieces such as stained glass, fine art, ceramics and much more. Artist Julian Walker, said: “For me the Open Studios provide opportunities to have in-depth conversations about my work, discussing what art means to people and what it can be.
You may also want to watch:
“These sessions can be educational for us as well as the visitors”.
The next event will be held on November 25 from 11am-4pm.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking