Open Studios event ‘one of the most popular’ in Valentines Mansion’s calendar
A number of artists opened up their studios to the public on Sunday to give visitors a chance to view and discuss their most recent pieces of work.
More than 200 people attended the Open Studios event at Valentines Mansion and Gardens, Emerson Road, Ilford.
A spokesman for Valentines Mansion said: “As always, the Open Studios were well attended and it remains one of the most popular events in our calendar.
“The idea is to showcase local talent and promote art in its diverse forms around the borough and beyond and to inspire people to get involved.”
Visitors got to see the artists at work, creating pieces such as stained glass, fine art, ceramics and much more. Artist Julian Walker, said: “For me the Open Studios provide opportunities to have in-depth conversations about my work, discussing what art means to people and what it can be.
You may also want to watch:
“These sessions can be educational for us as well as the visitors”.
The next event will be held on November 25 from 11am-4pm.
- 1 Childhood sweethearts to open 'Brick Lane-style' deli in Barkingside
- 2 Where to go for Italian food in Redbridge, according to TripAdvisor
- 3 South Woodford curry house named best in the nation
- 4 'Like prisoners in our home': Parents of attacked 13-year-old speak out
- 5 'Important' business park to be exempt from new planning rules
- 6 Ex-council staff who was sacked after bailiffs turned up at his work loses unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Walk It Out founder launches women's boxing classes
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Thirteen-year-old boy attacked in Ilford
- 10 Restaurant apologises after allegations of verbal abuse between staff