Open Studios event ‘one of the most popular’ in Valentines Mansion’s calendar
A number of artists opened up their studios to the public on Sunday to give visitors a chance to view and discuss their most recent pieces of work.
More than 200 people attended the Open Studios event at Valentines Mansion and Gardens, Emerson Road, Ilford.
A spokesman for Valentines Mansion said: “As always, the Open Studios were well attended and it remains one of the most popular events in our calendar.
“The idea is to showcase local talent and promote art in its diverse forms around the borough and beyond and to inspire people to get involved.”
Visitors got to see the artists at work, creating pieces such as stained glass, fine art, ceramics and much more. Artist Julian Walker, said: “For me the Open Studios provide opportunities to have in-depth conversations about my work, discussing what art means to people and what it can be.
You may also want to watch:
“These sessions can be educational for us as well as the visitors”.
The next event will be held on November 25 from 11am-4pm.
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 3 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 4 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 5 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 6 Have you seen Chantel, 15, missing from Ilford?
- 7 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 8 Former Ilford South MP opens up on Labour departure in new book
- 9 Covid hospital admissions and deaths in stark decline, NHS trust data shows
- 10 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford