Open Studios event ‘one of the most popular’ in Valentines Mansion’s calendar
A number of artists opened up their studios to the public on Sunday to give visitors a chance to view and discuss their most recent pieces of work.
More than 200 people attended the Open Studios event at Valentines Mansion and Gardens, Emerson Road, Ilford.
A spokesman for Valentines Mansion said: “As always, the Open Studios were well attended and it remains one of the most popular events in our calendar.
“The idea is to showcase local talent and promote art in its diverse forms around the borough and beyond and to inspire people to get involved.”
Visitors got to see the artists at work, creating pieces such as stained glass, fine art, ceramics and much more. Artist Julian Walker, said: “For me the Open Studios provide opportunities to have in-depth conversations about my work, discussing what art means to people and what it can be.
You may also want to watch:
“These sessions can be educational for us as well as the visitors”.
The next event will be held on November 25 from 11am-4pm.
- 1 Ilford Exchange Debenhams to permanently close
- 2 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 3 Spiritual Life: What next for the great Hindu temples of Redbridge?
- 4 Restaurant faces losing licence after allegations of illegal club nights during pandemic
- 5 Funeral service for 'giant of Aldborough Hatch' Ron Jeffries to be streamed on Facebook
- 6 Charge! New fleet of electric vehicles for Redbridge Council
- 7 Restaurant stripped of its alcohol licence
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Residents furious after car park and lift flooded since before Christmas
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week