Newbury Park pupils help Jimmy Coates writer Joe Craig come up with new story
- Credit: Archant
An author had students “rolling in the aisles” during a talk about his latest book in which a young boy discovers he is part robot.
Joe Craig, author of Jimmy Coates: Killer, spoke to more than 200 Year 8 students at Oaks Park High School, Oaks Lane, Newbury Park on Friday.
He told the students about how he became a writer and his initial inspiration for his book.
Linda Hayes, librarian at the school, said: “He had them on the edge of their seats. He was so funny he could have been a stand-up comedian. He had them rolling in the aisles.”
During the talk to 240 pupils he asked them questions and used their answers to weave the plot for a story.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hayes added: “He had kids throwing ideas at him and embroidered a whole story. He did it at such a fast pace he was amazing.”
- 1 Consultation on proposed controlled parking zones to begin
- 2 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 3 GPs roll up their sleeves to support colleagues at Queen's Hospital
- 4 Almost 250 homes without internet in Goodmayes after car accident takes out telecoms box
- 5 Covid outbreak at Woodford Green care home delays vaccinations
- 6 Double murder charge over stabbings, as police name victims
- 7 Double murder accused remanded in custody over ‘brutal’ stabbings
- 8 Redevelopment plans likely to be approved despite 144 objections
- 9 Life sentence for Chigwell man convicted of murder
- 10 Surplus of primary school places now but shortage expected within 10 years