Newbury Park pupils help Jimmy Coates writer Joe Craig come up with new story
- Credit: Archant
An author had students “rolling in the aisles” during a talk about his latest book in which a young boy discovers he is part robot.
Joe Craig, author of Jimmy Coates: Killer, spoke to more than 200 Year 8 students at Oaks Park High School, Oaks Lane, Newbury Park on Friday.
He told the students about how he became a writer and his initial inspiration for his book.
Linda Hayes, librarian at the school, said: “He had them on the edge of their seats. He was so funny he could have been a stand-up comedian. He had them rolling in the aisles.”
During the talk to 240 pupils he asked them questions and used their answers to weave the plot for a story.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Hayes added: “He had kids throwing ideas at him and embroidered a whole story. He did it at such a fast pace he was amazing.”
- 1 Residents complain their Ilford street now 'full of crime'
- 2 Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer visits Redbridge on campaign trail
- 3 Sadiq Khan comes to Redbridge ahead of London elections
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Man charged with murder
- 5 Loxford and Seven Kings by-election candidates make case for your vote
- 6 Consultation launches on plans to move preschool and open excluded pupils facility at youth centre
- 7 Fire damages Ilford flats
- 8 Tributes to police officer killed in Ilford on 26th anniversary of death
- 9 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 10 Redbridge parents' group donates more laptops to schools