Newbury Park primary school becomes latest in Redbridge to expand
A Newbury Park school is becoming the latest in Redbridge to expand to take on hundreds of extra pupils.
William Torbitt Primary School, in Eastern Avenue, will have one extra form of entry – taking in another 210 children.
They will be phased in with 30 extra pupils starting in reception each year between 2014 and 2020.
Redbridge Council’s regulatory committee is expected to approve the final details in a planning application for expansion work on Thursday evening.
Existing toilet block wings at either end of the school building will be replaced with new single storey blocks.
You may also want to watch:
Two more two-floor extensions will be added along with a ground floor kitchen and dining block.
There will be eight new classrooms, a community room, kitchen and dining facilities, staff areas and toilets.
- 1 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 2 Update: Missing girl, 12, found 'safe and well'
- 3 Ilford charity opens B&M store in Newbury Park
- 4 Developments approved in Redbridge so far in 2021
- 5 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
- 6 Man charged with Ilford robbery
- 7 Primary schools in Redbridge rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 Dagenham set to sign youngster Aaron Blair as McQueen to go out on loan
- 9 Seven Kings man charged in connection with alleged sex assault on boy
- 10 Backlash as Fairlop Waters meadow turned into overflow parking
Between 12 and 14 new staff positions are expected.
Work is currently ongoing to expand Beal High School, in Redbridge; Chadwell Primary School, in Chadwell Heath; Barley Lane Primary School, in Goodmayes and Downshall Primary School, in Seven Kings.
Planning applications have been approved for at least two other expansions and a new school is due to open in High Road, Ilford, next year.