New King Solomon acting head Dr Paul Doherty writes to parents after Jo Shuter teaching ban
- Credit: Archant
The new acting headteacher for King Solomon has assured parents he “will do his level best” for pupils during his time in charge of the Barkingside school.
School governors announced Dr Paul Doherty would take over from the previous headteacher Jo Shuter who was banned from teaching for life earlier this week after she was found guilty of unacceptable professional misconduct.
Dr Doherty, also the head teacher of Trinity Catholic High School, in Woodford Green, confirmed he would not be paid extra for being King Solomon’s acting head.
In the letter, he wrote: “The governors of King Solomon High School wish to appoint an acting headteacher until certain matters are resolved.
“The Governors and the London Borough of Redbridge have asked if I would take up such a post.”
He added he was “honoured to be approached” by King Solomon school.
Dr Doherty, who was awarded an OBE in 2012 for his services to education, also answered six questions in the letter, ranging from issues such as his role to his expectations for the school.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Caught on camera: 6 wanted fly-tippers and litterbugs
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 How many Covid patients are there in east London hospitals this week?
- 6 Wendy's Ilford: New opening date for High Road restaurant after delay
- 7 TfL consultation opens on plans to extend ULEZ into Greater London
- 8 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 9 Man allegedly commits GBH after robbing bottles of champagne from Tesco
- 10 Wendy's to open Ilford restaurant next week
“I will insist on the highest possible standards in every aspect of school life,” he wrote, before adding: “There is absolutely no negotiation over these crucial issues.”
With the summer examination period continuing, Dr Doherty also added: “The most important thing about King Solomon High School are the children. Time is precious. This is not a rehearsal.”
What do you think of the appointment of Dr Doherty? Please get in touch with the Ilford Recorder newsdesk 02084773825 or email email@example.com