New King Solomon acting head Dr Paul Doherty writes to parents after Jo Shuter teaching ban
- Credit: Archant
The new acting headteacher for King Solomon has assured parents he “will do his level best” for pupils during his time in charge of the Barkingside school.
School governors announced Dr Paul Doherty would take over from the previous headteacher Jo Shuter who was banned from teaching for life earlier this week after she was found guilty of unacceptable professional misconduct.
Dr Doherty, also the head teacher of Trinity Catholic High School, in Woodford Green, confirmed he would not be paid extra for being King Solomon’s acting head.
In the letter, he wrote: “The governors of King Solomon High School wish to appoint an acting headteacher until certain matters are resolved.
“The Governors and the London Borough of Redbridge have asked if I would take up such a post.”
You may also want to watch:
He added he was “honoured to be approached” by King Solomon school.
Dr Doherty, who was awarded an OBE in 2012 for his services to education, also answered six questions in the letter, ranging from issues such as his role to his expectations for the school.
- 1 Two men assaulted with pole after car driven into them
- 2 Two men arrested after kidnapping in broad daylight in South Woodford
- 3 Pedestrian suffers 'life-threatening head injury' in Redbridge collision
- 4 Fairlop Waters, numbers, NHS and child exploitation
- 5 Hainault teen lands coveted slot on dance touring company
- 6 Police officer sacked after 'encouraging friend to lie about collision'
- 7 Man charged with murder after elderly woman found dead in bathtub in Clayhall home
- 8 Man in hospital after car flips over in Wanstead
- 9 Barkingside axe attack: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder, police appeal for witnesses
- 10 Two men arrested in Chigwell on suspicion of kidnap
“I will insist on the highest possible standards in every aspect of school life,” he wrote, before adding: “There is absolutely no negotiation over these crucial issues.”
With the summer examination period continuing, Dr Doherty also added: “The most important thing about King Solomon High School are the children. Time is precious. This is not a rehearsal.”
What do you think of the appointment of Dr Doherty? Please get in touch with the Ilford Recorder newsdesk 02084773825 or email firstname.lastname@example.org